Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolita804 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Voluntary termination of parental rights
    Hello, I just want to know how my husband can do to relinquish his parental rights over his daughter , we have been married for 7 years he recently told me he has a 1 year old daughter Its been hard for me to cope with this problem at first I tought the best thing to do was try and get visitation rights because he has been supporting this baby, but when the girl found out that I knew she has been a bad person she filed for sole custody and on the summons she states he can see his daughter but I can't be around her due to me stalking her and she is saying that I'm trying to hurt her and her daughter know all I want is to not be part in there life my husband and I just want to continue our marriage and of course we will keep paying the child support that is not a problem. Can you please advice me of what steps we need to take to take care of this problem. Thank you so much. :( I am confused:)
    lolita804 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 12:56 AM
    What are the steps to terminate parental rights
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Is this just you talking or is it your husband? Do you want his rights terminated so that you do not have to develop a workable relationship with his child and that child's mother?

It sounds more like you wanting this to get rid of what you perceive to be a problem and threat to your marriage. Your husband had an affair and a daughter was born. Bet that just burns you up - and it would be a reasonable feeling. But you need to rise above that and deal with what is really in front of you. Your own feelings of insecurity, resentment towards your husband and his affair, and the child, that he will be supporting for many years to come, as well as your behavior of stalking.

If you have gone to counseling, please get yourself there. This situation is very stressful. Without knowing the "other side" of this situation - it would be interesting to read what your husband feels and what the "other woman" has to say. - it is difficult to say what is best. If you continue to act in the ways you have towards this woman and child, you will find yourself in some legal trouble.

Would the child and her mother be better off without the presence of your husband in their lives? I do not know. I am not condoning the affair he had. I think men that cheat on their spouse are no better than slime. But I also know that there can be redemption and forgiveness and the marriage can survive. Actually become stronger.

But you need to get a grip on your own emotions and actions. Please seek some counseling - if you do not wish to seek a secular counselor, then talk to your pastor. Hopefully your husband will do the same. About his daughter - she is innocent and should be given all consideration in any decision. One cannot wipe out parenthood just by signing a paper.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2007, 03:51 PM
    No need to be confused, your husbands love child issue will be settled by a judge in a court of law and that includes support and visitation. She will be in contempt of court, if he is not allowed to get this child as ordered. I hope you stay out of this and leave this woman alone. I understand how you feel but acting irrationally will help no one. What possible good will it do to relinquish his rights? He still must pay and it would change nothing except give up rights to any future decisions concerning the child. I don't see how it changes anything at all. See a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights [ 15 Answers ]

I have a child with my ex boyfriend we were never married and there was never given custody to either of us. I want to give my rights up on my child and for him to have all rights. How would I go about doing that?

Parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

I am divorced. My ex-wife has a boy friend who wants to adopt my children. They are not married. Does he have to marry her before he can adopt? Do I have any rights to visit or communicate with my children if I give permission to adopt?

Consesual Termination of Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé has residential custody of his son. The biological mother of the child would like to consensually terminate parental rights to him. Where do we go to look for this paperwork, short of hiring a lawyer? What paperwork would be needed in order to do this mutually between ourselves? We...

Termination of Parental Rights in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Once the parental rights of the biological parents have been terminated, does that mean the relationship of all biological relatives are also terminated?

View more questions Search