Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessedong Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
    My furnace's fan is NOT blowing. Is there a relay to control the fan and where it is?
    "After vaccum my furnace(Heat only, Day and Night furnace with model #396GAW00100-ACAA), the fan stop blow but burner will be on when I adjust the temperature below the setpoint on thermostat. My fan had problem last year. It will not stop even after burner off for long time. I had to tap side of the furnace to stop it. It happens 3 or 4 times last year. Is there a relay to control the fan and where it is? how it look like? I have electrical background to fix but need help. Please."
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 06:40 PM

There is a "Heat Sequencer" mounted on the side of the unit that could be at fault.

My best suggestion is to call an HVAC tech and get it fixed properly.

If you start thunking around, you might just induce a static discharge into the unit and fry a control board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace's fan will NOT on. Is there a relay to control the fan and where it is? [ 0 Answers ]

"After vaccum my furnace(Heat only, Day and Night furnace with model #396GAW00100-ACAA), the fan stop blow but burner will be on when I adjust the temperature below the setpoint on thermostat. My fan had problem last year. It will not stop even after burner off for long time. I had to tap side of...

Installing an outdoor ceiling fan , single pole switch to control the fan. I have to [ 1 Answers ]

Pull the power from an outdoor GFI... can anyone help me on how to make the connections?

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote control synchronize w/fan [ 2 Answers ]

Harbor Breeze Fan & H. B. Remote bought @ same time in mid-2006. Is installed in room where fan and room get only occasional use. Battery changed at least each 6 months even if it is still working fine. Never had a leaky battery in remote. FAN ITSELF HAS NO PULL CHAINS. Remote has only two...

My gas furnace's blower fan sometimes comes and sometimes not. [ 0 Answers ]

We have a Robertshaw thermostate for our gas fired furnace. Sometimes the blower fan will not come on even though both the flame and fan symbols are lite and moving. I move the fan swith from automatic to the " ON " position and it still does not come on. Most days it seems to work property.

My gas furnace's small fan is always running [ 5 Answers ]

My gas furnace is working fine, but the small fan is kept running all the time. Some one told me that the circuit board causing this problem. Is that true? Thanks

View more questions Search