Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curious6191 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 12:54 AM
    Probation in Colorado
    Does Colorado probation include a "do not leave the state" stipulation? If violated, what would be the outcome.
    The man in question has a 7 year probation for robbery. Isn't this information public for adults? Is 19 considered adult there? Where can I find out the specific restrictions for his probation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 05:42 AM

Hello c:

Every time I've been on supervision, I needed permission to leave the state. 19 is considered an adult EVERYWHERE. I have no idea where you can find out stuff about him...

Sounds like you want to snitch on him... Don't do it.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 09:49 AM

Your friend cannot leave the state while on probation. As for the terms of his specific probation there would be no "extra" provision as probation is probation. That means no alcohol consumption or hanging out in bars, no fratranization with convicted felons, no leaving the state, report any and all contact with police regardless of the outcome, hold a job, pay your fine or restitution, don't break any laws, report where you are residing, report where you are working. Pretty boiler plate stuff you can probably find out online as to the stipulations of probation.

If you really want to know, then go down to the Court house where he was convicted and have the Clerk pull his criminal file out for you to look through. His criminal file is consiered public information and you can look at it without a court order. If you want you can even have any and all pages of this file photocopied by the Clerk for about 25 cents or 50 cents a page. You would be most interested in the Final Disposition Sheet where the Judge assigned him to probation in lieu of so many months or years in jail and what his punishment would be if he did violate his probation. But his actual probation paperwork that he signed will be located at the probation office. You can ask them for a copy of his signed paperwork but you'll have to do this in person. Don't be surprised if they don't give it to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a dwi charge in Texas and I am on probation. Can I leave and go to Colorado [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dwi in Texas and I am on probation. If I get permissioin to move to another state will I have a new probation officer in that state.

Colorado probation transfer to Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a domestic violence case on me, pending if I complete 1 year probation anger management classes and parenting classes. I spoke with my probation officer to get a transfer back to Texas, he told me to get a job and not to worry. Well I get in contact with the probation office here in Texas...

Repo in Colorado [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a divose I am no longer able to make the payments on my truck. I asked about voulentering to let it repo but they then seid they would put a lien on my house for the diffence. The house is for sale. Can they do this? Thanks

View more questions Search