Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texasquetie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Apartment Codes
    I wanted to know... I live in Austin, Texas. I just moved into a new apartment. I love the floor plan, but I've had nothing but problems. The main question I have is, are they supposed to change the carpet every time someone moves out? I noticed when I first moved in that it looked like it was just cleaned... and there were a few spots in the livingroom. I went into the front office and asked, they said... "oh no it wasn't replaced. If it looks clean enough to save we have a contractor come in and clean it." I just want to know if they HAVE to change it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Hello Texas:

Nahhh. Carpets last 10 years or more...

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Nope carpets stay I do believe in some codes ( sorry I did not pull yours, and often cities have additional codes) the carpet has to be cleaned, and I believe in TX apartments have to be painted between renters ( I say this because when I lived in Paris TX our apartment complex always painted between tenants, and I doubt they would have if they were not required.

But I have heard the carpet myth for years, but never found one that held up. If it is not usable, a complaint needs to be made.

This is why it is very, very important to do a walk though after they have it move in ready and not sign anything binding you until it is approved.
    That way you can at the walk though you deal, I can't move in unless you replace the carpet,
    Or OK you clean the carpet but if it does not come clean you have to replace it.

But if it is real noticeable I would ask for a new carpet,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Codes [ 1 Answers ]

What is the new code and procedure for installing a 200 amp grounding service for a mobile home?

Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, My dad thinks I can't handle the watching the Trinitron television that we own. One time, I found out the code that blocked the TV and changed it without telling my parents. But the next morning, they had changed the code without knowing the previous one. Can you tell me How they do...

TV Codes... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I have this Hampton Bay Universal Video and Fan Remote, but when I put in these new batteries for it, it seems to have lost whatever code I gave it that told it what kind of TV I had, and I can't seem to find my manual for it, so does anyone have the manual that says what code I need to give...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

Country codes [ 4 Answers ]

Who decided on the country dialling codes? When were these brought in? How were they decided? Country code +44 UK Country code +91 India etc...

View more questions Search