Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sailordeals Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 11:06 PM
    Honda accord no start problem in early mornings ! Help
    Hi everyone,
    I need some fresh thoughts on this one.I bought this accord 90 lx 4 door 2.2 2 months ago for my son.
    Finally I had some time to spend with this. Check engine light bulb was blown had to replace it. Comes on and gives me 12 code which is egr valve right.
    First week very bad gas milage. Checked vacccum lines big mess. Fix them up not yet confirmed if that is only problem for gas milage. Not time to drive around.
    Here goes my main problem.
    Noticed after driving for while previous day next morning no start. Engine rotates. After 3 hours it try again especially by stepping all way gas pedal it starts. Same thing every day.
    Brand new:
    Battery
    Starter
    Fuel relay
    Ngk plugs
    Distributor assembly "not from dealer" (advanced auto)

Already done and checked
    Took out incjectors and cleaned them out
    When it does no start problem I hve spark and gas, (although not checked gas pressure. I didn't find a adapter for my pressure gage yet)
    Check engine light goes off when just before start so my computer is getting power.
    I'm not sure that my no start issue comes from my egr valve which I'm sure is bad.
    Fuel pump still does that noise before I start so I know is gatting pwer though as I said I can't be sure for its pressure.
    Checked ground at thermostat housing.
    I really need help guys on this one.any suggestions.

TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2010, 06:28 AM
    Replace the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor, which affects fuel injector pulse width. The ECT Sensor is a temperature dependent resistor (thermistor), whose resistance decreases as the engine coolant temperature increases. It provides a richer mixture when cold, leaner mixture when hot. They become corroded, due to not changing the coolant frequently enough, flood the engine, and waste a tremendous amount of fuel. The ECT Sensor has two wires going to it and is located under the distributor.

Pressing the gas pedal to the floor is the clear mode for a flooded engine. The ECT Sensor seems to make sense with the poor gas mileage and trouble starting you're having.

I would also perform the steps in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1054149

Oct 30, 2010, 02:33 PM
    This morning it started.
    In afternoon did the same thing. But started eassily by pressing gas pedal all the way down. Not time today,
    Tmw ill check it more.
    Ps
    To txgreasemonkey
    Its says here that u left an answer but I can not see it.
    Thanks in advance.

TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2010, 02:56 PM

I don't know why it's not showing. Here it is again.

Replace the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor, which affects fuel injector pulse width. The ECT Sensor is a temperature dependent resistor (thermistor), whose resistance decreases as the engine coolant temperature increases. It provides a richer mixture when cold, leaner mixture when hot. They become corroded, due to not changing the coolant frequently enough, flood the engine, and waste a tremendous amount of fuel. The ECT Sensor has two wires going to it and is located under the distributor.

Pressing the gas pedal to the floor is the clear mode for a flooded engine. The ECT Sensor seems to make sense with the poor gas mileage and trouble starting you're having.

I would also perform the steps in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1054149

Nov 15, 2010, 12:04 PM
    New etc sensor. Same thing.
    Notice that when no start issue,while cranking, cranking noise is different, lighter, and batt light doesn't turn off.
    While with normal start. Battery turns off while cranking and "bass" cranking noise.
    *** any thoughts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 honda accord won't start (key problem? [ 1 Answers ]

The key icon light on the dashboard keeps blinking when on on position... can there be something wrong with my 2004 honda accord key, and if so is that why my car won't turn on.. please help I posted a question earlier in the week and I hope this can help some >>!!

Honda accord manual 1990 new battery don't start what problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my honda accord manual 1990 model when I noticed that the gauges were dancing, though I was still running. Then, when I park for about 15 minutes and started the engine I won't start anymore and I notice that dash board lights were gone and there's no way the engine would start, what...

Honda Accord Coupe Start problem [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a 1998 2.0ES Accord coupe with 2 problems. Firstly, now and again after starting the engine it cuts out after a few seconds. When trying to restart it, the fuel pump doesn't prime. I've been told that it may be the fuel injection relay, but I can't seem to locate it. Secondly, the car...

View more questions Search