Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 29, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    . You don't have ADD which, I believe, is a completely bogus disorder anyway.

I tend to agree with you, but only that ADULT ADD is probably misdiagnosed in adults because it is an easy conclusion to reach without delving too deeply into the person's personality. And when asked specific questions regarding childhood, that diagnosis is reached because the person mentions a slight learning disability, which was probably never a 'disability' in the first place.

Poster's problems can be overcome with particular discipline, and as you say, as soon as an interest and a direction is developed, then everything falls into place.

Ti ck
    kid_vicious Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2010, 10:14 AM
    OK. But there are a lot of people out there who see clearly why they need for example to study. And they do that and succeed. And I could never get myself studying and even if I did, the result turned out to be not enough. That's cause of plain lack of effort, I suppose. So how do I realize the importance of education (for example) before I face the dreadful consequences of not studying in the future life? I mean how to get smarter without getting hit on the head by life? If I just don't seem to understand that enough to act. Need advice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_vicious View Post
    how do I realize the importance of education (for example) before I face the dreadful consequences of not studying in the future life?
    Obviously, you DO realize the importance of education. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here on this site asking questions.

Now, what do you do to avoid "not studying"?

Nov 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    That's the whole point, I don't. Just remotely hypothetically I do. But not enough apparently to get me goin'. And I do nothing to aviod not studying, I just do other things, not studying.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 12:26 PM

I hereby give you permission to study. In fact, I ORDER you to study and begin to make something of yourself.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I hereby give you permission to study. In fact, I ORDER you to study and begin to make something of yourself.
    Yes, and I tickle, give you disspensation. Go forth and study and may you win the never ending battle of wondering how to. Hereintofor you shall be smart as a whip from studying everything thou shalt get your vicious little hands on.

Tick

Nov 4, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Hey! I've figured stuff out! Not without the help of you guys, thanks for your anwers everybody :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_vicious View Post
    hey! I've figured stuff out! not without the help of yall guys, thanks for your anwers everybody :)
    We will expect a daily progress report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to learn. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I want to learn how to skateboard, but I don't know where I can, boys are too busy and I need a place where a 12 year old girl can learn how to skateboard.. by the way,it has to be in pittsburgh.

I don't learn anything [ 15 Answers ]

Could you guys help me because when I go to school to learn something I can I keep forgetting everything I even have no change to go out side and play I study hard and I work hard but I can remember not of you ask After 5 min I can just rember it it is so hard for me to keep something to my mind I...

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

View more questions Search