Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billoOTL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
    I have windows XP and want to stop the automatic network detection.
    I have Windows XP Loaded on Machine. I want to stop XP from Detecting my wired network. I remember having the same problem sometime ago. The solution was an edit to the registry settings
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 09:07 AM

So you don't want your machine to connect to your network? Are you using wireless instead?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows automatic update [ 6 Answers ]

I have a windows security alerts shield popped up and says that my automatic updater has been turned off an needs to start again. It won't turn on automatically nor can I turn it on either. I tried the Services.msc in the run command, and found out that I cannot chave the auto update to apply to...

Wireless network automatic detection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop and I have configured my wireless network. My laptop has a wireless card built in, however when I power off my laptop I have to go to control panel, services, wireless zero and click start every time how do I get this feature to stay on an automatically detect my settings.

Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find out whether the Collision detection circuitry in the IEEE 802.3 network cards is either analogue or digital. An explanation of whatever the answer is would help.

No network detection, help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC running windows xp home sp2 which I am trying to connect via lan cable to a laptop running windows xp pro sp2, unfortunately when I connect the computers, no network registers. The network cards are installed but are both the same (Realtek RL8139). I have connected each computer to...

Automatic windows shuts down [ 7 Answers ]

I have been facing a problem which is related to internet connection. My computer is properly working when I am not using internet connection. But whenever I connect the internet connection, one message is displayed "Windows Automatically shutting down" or something like that. Is there any...

View more questions Search