Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    kc1214's Avatar
    kc1214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 27, 2010, 08:23 AM
    I'm divorced and want to remove my ex husband from the deed
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Oct 31, 2010, 05:40 AM

    You'll need to refinance in your name only and buy your ex out of his half.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 31, 2010, 05:43 AM

    The only way is for him to sign and execute a quit claim deed signing over his interest in the property to you. However, this has to be approved by your lender as most mortgages have a due on sale clause that could be triggered by such an action. That's where the refinance comes in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My name is on the mortgage but not the deed, getting divorced and need advise. [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise. My husband purchased our home 2 months before we married to have as our family home. We had trouble after the first year and I moved out. When got back together, never divorced, and he re-fi the property and told me I would be added to the deed I just need to go to the back and...

My wife and I are getting divorced, I want my name of the deed and motgage [ 1 Answers ]

my wife and I are getting divorced,the house is in both our names, I want my name off the deed and motgage, both american citizens, house value decreased, still not paid off. She wants to stay in the house, and I need to find another house with mortgage. I cannot pay two mortgages. That is why I...

My husband is deceased and I want to remove his name from the deed and add my sons . [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is deceased and I want to add my sons names to the deed and my name is already on the deed. There are not debts associated with his passing and I was told by the registry of deeds I could do a quick claim deed. How do I do it? Is there a physical deed I could follow and just change...

Remove husband from deed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is theresa I want to know if I want to see some land in SC I want to know if I have to take my husbands name off the deed in order to sell it he is decease. Will I need a lawyer to sell this land I have a buyer.

Name added on deed before marriage - getting divorced [ 2 Answers ]

Right before we were married, my husband added my name onto the deed of his house which he owned for about 13 years before we met (the mortgage was kept in his name only). He started an affair 2 months after we were married that carried on for most of the marriage. I gave him a second chance and...

View more questions Search