Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denise0206 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 09:21 PM
    Credit card judgements can they touch your retirement/or 401 accounts? I know bank?
    Can
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2010, 03:43 AM

A judgment for unsecured debt cannot touch private retirement accounts including IRAs. But once those funds are distributed and are placed in your bank account then they are attachable.

P.S. Welcome to AMHD. May I give you some tips on using this site. First, the title of your posts is for a brief description of your question. Please use the Body for your full question. Also, if you want to answer questions, please check the dates before you post. Threads that have gone with no activity for several months shouldn't be revived with new answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgements [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a situtation that I have a question about. In a nutshell. I co-signed for a loan for my daughter who is deaf to buy hearing aids. Unfortunately she made two payments and stopped without my knowledge. Almost a year has passed and now the collection agency has started harassing me. ...

Credit Card Debt & Garnishing bank accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served with a court appearance for credit card debt in the amount of 7K from Discover Card. I was diagnosed with lung cancer in July 2006 and had a large portion of my left lung removed. I did not work for nine months and had no income for that nine months. I was forced to default on...

Judgements And Bank Accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I Had My Bank Account Frooze For A Judgement I Never Received. What Can I Do?

Judgements-Bank Accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgment against me and was wondering if I opened a bank account for my daughter with me as the joint holder of the account can they still take money out of this account to satisfy the judgment; even though it's really in my daughter's name?

View more questions Search