Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anxiousmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 07:15 AM
    Why would my son have butane lighters if he doesn't smoke?
    My son is an athlete and doing better in school than in the recent past. He makes friends easily and has self confidence. He gets along with his teachers at school and his coach loves him. But, I have seen some odd behaviour at times - weekend evenings - but no smell of marijuana or alcohol. I just found two butane lighters in his room. Should I worry?

smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 07:23 AM

Possibly... he could be huffing... or he could just be a firebug. I too can't figure legitimate reasons for a non-smoker child to carry a lighter.
    Truelove08 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 07:58 AM
    If he's doing good and school and isn't acting out then I wouldn't worry. He might just be a pyro and like to play with lighters. Or maybe he does smoke and he's just hiding it from you as to not disappoint you. But I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    emtdan Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Oct 25, 2010, 09:26 AM
    Why not ask him about the lighters? If it is nothing, he should be able to explain it easily.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 09:30 AM

I would ask him. In high-school before I started smoking I never carried lighters, so I really don't see a reason for a non-smoker to carry a lighter.

I would just ask.

Rick
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Oct 25, 2010, 09:51 AM
    Another scenario is that he's smoking pot, or hash (same thing, but lit in a pipe). He probably doesn't have his own stash, but gets a joint or a cube of hash occasionally or more than occasionally from someone in school. He has the lighters because he doesn't smoke it with the supplier, and will smoke it on his own or with friends at a later time and needs the lighter(s) for that time.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 09:56 AM

We could throw out possibilities and different scenarios all day, heck I could even have fun with it but the fact is that there are numerous things he could be doing or could not be doing with a lighter.

Narrow it down! Ask him about it.

Rick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Butane huffing [ 8 Answers ]

I think my son is huffing butane. I can't seem to find out some answers that would help me. How much butane does it take to get high? How long do you stay high for? My son has done SEVERAL Urine Analysis tests and they come back clean. But I have found 5 lighters in his room and he doesn't...

How old for lighters [ 4 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to buy a lighter in bloomington Il

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

Car Cigarette Lighters [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how they worked. A little bit of background info.

View more questions Search