Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alishamarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 05:58 PM
    How do I backup files I want to save?
    I want to save itunes, norton and, someprogram for my printer how do I save them. I want to reset my whole intire laptop
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2010, 06:18 PM

Programs you need to save the original installation files. For data you need to save the data files, if you are just making a backup to do a system restore, then it depends on how much you need to backup.

If its less than 4G, just burn to a DVD. If it's a lot more then you may consider and external drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reinstalling backup files from cd [ 3 Answers ]

I Have A Compaq Desktop Computer With Windows Xp.the Problem I Am Having Is Installing Files And Settings From A Cd. I Backed Up All Files And Folders And Settings To Cd's And Did A Full System Recovery,but I Can't Figure Out How To Put All The Files,folders,and Settings Back Into My Computer From...

Automatic Backup of files [ 7 Answers ]

I'm tired of the poor performance and funky interface of Retrospect. I want to backup My Documents (automatically and nightly) to my external HD. Looking for good freebie or cheap backup program suggestions. Thanks!

Backup files [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home on my Dell and I need to back up some files to CD. It has been so long since I've done it I can't remember how! Where is the back up program that allows you to pick which ones you want to send to CD? Thanks:confused:

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

View more questions Search