Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms.2sweet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 08:59 PM
    I cant talk to my boyfriend on the phone
    Why don't I have any thing to say to my boyfriend when we get on the phone but when he can't talk to me during the day when he is busy I go crazy and get angry I can't talk with him ugh
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ms.2sweet View Post
    why dont i have any thing to say to my boyfried when we get on the phone but when he can't talk to meduring the day when he is bizzy i go crazy and get angrey i can't talk with with him ugh
    How old are you two?

How often do you two talk on the phone?

How long does each conversation usually last?

How often do you see him?

How long have you two been dating?

Sorry for all of the questions. I just need a little more information to better understand your situation.

Thank you.
    ms.2sweet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    We are 18
    Been togeather for a year
    I see him every weekend
    We talk in the moarning for like 15min before he goes to class then I hve to wait tell lke 7:30 to talk to him when he gets out of practise and we text a little bit during the day
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:19 PM

Thank you for answering my questions.

First off, I just want to point out that not everyone is a phone person. Some people don't like talking on the phone, but when they are in person, they can't stop talking.

So don't feel bad.

When you two are in person, how is your conversation with him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:35 PM

Many guys don't like to talk on the phone, especially if you get into sissy stuff like hairdos and girlfriends (yours) and your feelings about things. Guys are hunter-killers, not sissies.

Do you know anything about his life and interests, or are the conversations more about what you've been up to, with you doing most of the talking and he doing most of the listening? Maybe you need to start asking him about his life instead of telling him about yours.

Actually, you two touch base with each other A LOT. When I was your age (yeah, boring, I know), the only phone in someone's house was usually on the kitchen wall (so anyone could listen in when you used it), there were no cell phones or computers, and in-person communication happened maybe once a week on a Friday-night date or after church on Sunday morning.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 06:26 AM

Don't get mad, or frustrated, make the most of what you do say, and enjoy the connection, even as brief as it is.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 01:15 PM

No offense, but have you considered that you are out talked? Just because you don't see each other every day, doesn't mean you have to talk each other to death over the phone, or texting. Nobody wants to know what your doing all the time, and telling them only creates boredom, then eventually them avoiding your calls all together.
    Try only calling every other day, or at least cutting it down to one call a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend broke up with me on the phone but he wants me to wait for him and talk [ 1 Answers ]

Id been with my boyfriend for 3 yrs.. and I can say that he really shows cares and affection to me and even to my family.. the break up started when he knew that I add his uncle to my Facebook.. he didn't even give a chance to explain that his mom asked me to do that since I want to see her on...

How to talk to a girl on phone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I want to learn how I can talk to girls on phone ,so they can become my friends, give me some tips.thanx

My 4-year-old daughter will not talk to me on the phone. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have been separated from my wife since Nov. 15th, 2005. I recently had custody of my daughter from May 25th to October 6, 2006. My daughter will not talk to me on the phone for more than 2 minutes (except on rare occasions) and it is really starting to get to me. I spent 10 days with...

Pre-Teen Daughter does not want to talk to me on the phone [ 4 Answers ]

I have a pre-teen daughter (10) who lives with my ex. My birthday was on Monday, and my ex usually reminds her to call me. It's the only gift I get from my daughter each year. My ex had a busy day on Monday and forgot to remind her. Since Monday, my ex says that she has been reminding her to call...

View more questions Search