Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklin5966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 08:35 PM
    04 f150 now it won't accelerate after battery change
    hi I changed my battery in my 04 f150 4x4 and now it starts but will only idle no matter how much I push the gas pedel
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2010, 08:42 PM

Perform fuse and code tests, as indicated in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675

If the problem persists, it may be security system related--check with Ford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck won't start ford 1994 f150 [ 3 Answers ]

OK! I am about frustrated lol, as I am sure most who are not mechanics are when it comes to fixing a vehicle. I have a 1994 ford f150 pickup 302 v8 with dual tanks. It started bogging down. Especially when I would try to go above 25 mph. THEN it completely died and would not start. So we bought...

2002 Honda civic won't accelerate over 20 mph [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine line goes on and off on this particularly hot day in Florida I was driving and stopped at light, my car stalled out all my lights came on, I turned the car off then restarted it after 2 tries, the car went into gear but would not accelerate over 20 mph. I let the car sit for about...

Honda s2000 bogging/sputtering when I accelerate and won't hit vtec [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 honda S2000 that possibly was flooded not sure and there was quiet a bit of stuff not working on the car when I got it which I have gotten a lot of it fixed. But no the engine is bogging or sputtering however you want to say it when I accelerate and WILL NOT hit vtec if I try it just...

Ford f150 - gas vs. Diesel - change engine and transmission. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 93 ford f150 gas 351 4X4 with a good engine. I'm buying 93 ford f150 desiel 4x4 with the engine a part because of head gasket. My question is it possible to change engines and trans without too much prombles. I believe I will have to change the computer. Will the wire...

88 Ford F150 won't Start! [ 4 Answers ]

:( Me again... this is what has been done so far: 88 Ford F150 yard plow trick. 5.0. The battery has been dying so we put a new one in.. truck ran fine plowed the yard. Went out next morning battery is dead. Took the battery in to the shop had it charged. Truck started up, ran a few seconds died...

View more questions Search