Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Erdrla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Pilot light will not stay lit after replacing thermocouple. Gas valve?
    Crown boiler 7 years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 03:38 AM

Make sure thermocouple is placed in the flame correctly and that the flame is strong enough to heat it and generate the milivoltage necessary to activate the safety in the gas valve.
    ACMike04 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 12:50 AM
    Hey hvac1000 ,check my question on 80's model intertherm and give opinion ,windblown ,wavey pilot flame ,valvecoil drop out problem . Acmike 04

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light stays lit, but the gas valve will not open [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Thatcher furnace model 53170. The pilot light stays lit, but the gas valve will not open to ignite the burners. I have a constant 24v across the transformer terminals. When I check the terminals at the gas valve I experience an intermitant 24v signal about every 5 minutes. I can't...

Forced air furnace who's pilot won't stay lit, not the thermocouple [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot won't stay lit beyond releasing the button to light it. Replaced the thermocouple--same result. 45 year old Pioneer heater. Tested for power at the transformer--OK. What next?

Gas water heater pilot light won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

The pilot light on our State Censible gas water heater will not stay lit... it is not the thermacouple and it is protected from drafts. We light it daily... we get enough hot water for about 2 showers and a load of dishes. What could be causing this problem?

Pilot light won't stay lit after gas company does work [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas company did work on the lines and cut off the gas to our home. They have since reconnected the gas to the home. Every since they had done the work I have had to light the pilot light on my water heater multiple times. Now it won't light at all. The gas company says the safety starter has...

Pilot light on gas logs won't stay lit. [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot will light and stay on as long as the knob is in the pilot position as soon as I turn it to the on position I here a click and it goes out immediately. The flame is the appropriate blue color- not yellow to indicate it needs to be cleaned out. It is touching the thermocouple...

View more questions Search