Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 06:32 AM
    My miniture dachshund as of yesterday has lost the use of her front legs.
    Today she also seems to be losing some of the use of her hind legs. Due to financial reasons I can't take her to the vet. Is there anything I can do to help her? She is very special to me and my family. We have had her over 12 years and can't stand seeing her in pain when she tries to walk. Please if you know of anything we are willing to try it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 06:55 AM

Unfortunately, this will take a hands-on examination by an experienced vet to diagnose. Would your vet be willing to work out a payment plan with you?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 08:35 AM

There is nothing any of us can tell you. We could all take a guess at what mught be causing this issue. If you have been using the same vet for the past 12 years, they might be willing to work out some sort of payment plan. And I;m going to be a little harsh right now, but if you don't have the money to provide proper medical care for your dog who appears to be suffering, than you need to consider surrendering her to some one who can. Your dog deserves the best you can give her.

I am sorry for your situation, and I understand what it's like to be in a financial hardships. Are you currently paying for internet? Because that could be one cost you could cut to save money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why when I'm running I have this pain in my legs on the side towards the front? [ 2 Answers ]

Front sides of my legs happens only when I'm running and causes me so much pain I have to stop

I'm worried about my german sheperd puppies front legs [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Black german sheperd puppy. She is 6 months old and she has huge leg bones and feet. Looking at her standing from the side view, her paws look webbed and she stands on the back of her pads. Her leg is almost L shaped. Actually a backwards L shape. Should I be worried? I cannot afford to...

Jack russel with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, Our nice and vigorous jack russel is already 5 months old. A month and a half ago we noticed that his front legs started to turn sideways. We are worried for his future because he is very active and likes to run and jump all the time. We have already an appointment with his vet...

My male 2 year old Miniture Dachshund wet the bed. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a approx 2 year old miniture dachshund that was a resuce. Ive had him for over a year and recently moved (in the last week). He is house trained and rarely has accidents however whenever he is at my parents (even when I'm there with him) or at a friends house if I'm out of town he has...

Dach Russell with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Our 2 year old Dacshound and Jack Russell cross is doing well, healthy, energetic, and fun. What has us concerned is that his front legs are so bowlegged and turned out to such a degree that his feet turn completely sideways... in ballet it would be first position. He doesn't seem to have a problem...

View more questions Search