Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carey04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Fire Alarm
    Hello,

About 3 days ago, a new fire alarm was installed in my condo unit. In the process, the technician turned off the breaker for the central AC unit. Yesterday I decided to turn on my air conditioner (the breaker was still off). I noticed that the guy turned off the breaker while the AC was still on. When I say on, I mean that it was on automatic while the switch was pulled all the way to the right side of the thermostat. This is how I usually leave the AC unit. I do not completely turn it off.

Anyway, I switched the breaker back on and pulled the thermostat to the left to 75 degrees. After about 30 minutes I realized that it was not getting cool. In fact I checked the vents to find only air blowing, no cool air at all, just air which made the room seem to get warmer instead of cooler. I left to run errands for about 2 hours and returned to find hot air still. So I just turned the breaker back off.

What happened? Was I supposed to wait before I turned the unit back on? The guy did not leave specific instructions. What do I need to do? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Carey04
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Look for more shut off breakers. The one for the outside unit may still be off. The breaker you turned on may power the controls and air handler or furnace. Got to have both for A/C.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alarm sound in windows [ 3 Answers ]

How can I delete the occurring sound "alarm" when any mistakes happen in windows FD?

Zone Alarm Firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home with Internet Explorer. For PC Protection I AVG Free Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware SE to detect and rmove Adware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware,Spybot,and Spyware Blaster to detect and remove spyware.Do you advise me to also download Zone Alarm Firewall protection. Some say yes and...

91 Honda Civic Seatbelt Alarm [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know how to silence the seatbelt alarm on a 91 Honda Civic? Either just the alarm, or which fuse I can pull to kill this alarm? Thanks

View more questions Search