Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Oct 12, 2010, 02:27 AM
    Super Hernia and scared
    Hi,

My daughter is 9+ months old. She was a healthy baby at birth and had no problems. Past few months, she is suffering from cold. There is not one day that she is off the cold. None of the meds are working on her. We took her to the doctor and informed him about the cold. He keeps changing the medicines but in vain. A month back I noticed a lump appearing above her bellybutton every time she coughs, screams, cries, etc. its not always there, but just when she applies pressure to the stomach. The pediatric surgeon said its super hernia and requires surgery when she turns 18 months. Another doc we went to (general doc) said that we have to be careful since she didn't have it at birth and the hernia is caused by the frequent cough.

Is there any harm if she continues to cough/scream/cry? I can take care of the cold somehow but what do I do about her screams? She screams when excited, or when angry.. m confused...

What can I do to help? Is there any special care to be taken?

*** help

Silver
    kevinferguson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 01:19 PM
    You should really consult your local GP about these problems :)

Kevin
    kevinferguson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 01:19 PM
    And I hope everything works out :)
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Nov 1, 2010, 10:06 AM
    I consulted another doc n got the same answer,, turns out she needs to be operated when shez 18 months...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hernia in child [ 1 Answers ]

Last day my nephew age 3 had a surgery to repair hernia. My concern is that if hernia is repaired is it go away forever?

Id it an ulcer or a hernia? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has had this problem in his upper abdominal area for over the Past year and a half... He complains that there is some kind of Knot in that particular Area that causes him a lot of pain. It also gives him chest pains much like heart burn, And his upper abdominal area to swell. I...

Super Shy in a Super Social environment [ 8 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old, Canadian Boy My problem is that I am a very shy person when it comes to speaking with adults, strangers, authorities, and for the most part all girls. The type of people I surround myself with are the so called popular group. Having all my friends in the popular group leaves...

View more questions Search