Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
    What to look for in a new Digital camera
    Hey you guys, I'm looking to get a new digital camera soon. My budget is somewhere around $200. And I'd like the most megapixels I can get for around that price. What kind of stuff should I look for? Warranties? Who gives warranties? Anything else you can think of that might be helpful is very welcome. Thanks a bunch!

(Also, I want the memory card to fit SD MS/Pro MMC XD card slot for my laptop.)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

$200 is a little thin but most of the major players have decent cameras for that money.

Here is one for $250 you might like also.

Pentax Optio W90 16441 Digital Camera - 12.1 Megapixel, 5X Optical Zoom, Waterproof, Shockproof, Dustproof, Coldproof, 2.7 LCD, Orange at TigerDirect.com
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2010, 06:39 PM

My friend told my Canon was the best. Anyone have a different opinion?
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    My friend told my Canon was the best. Anyone have a different opinion?
    Which model are they looking at? In truth what's best is one that your comfortable with and that works. Most cameras are as individual as you are. Its always best to do your homework and get one in hand if you can before you buy.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 08:07 PM

I found a canon powershot with 14.1 megapixels that looks promising. It's slim and the reviews are all pretty much good except for one.
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    I found a canon powershot with 14.1 megapixels that looks promising. it's slim and the reviews are all pretty much good except for one.
    Those are very nice cameras. If you get it you know your going to have to post some pictures you take ;)
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 11:08 AM

Canon and Nikon are the top of the crop. Today, I believe Canon is a notch better than Nikon but that's not going to last long. However, this applies only to the line cameras...

For $200.00 you can get any of the Canon Sure Shots or Nikon Coolpix that corresponds with your budget. Good luck. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

View more questions Search