Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emy2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 11:57 AM
    I don't know what to do...
    I am a 16 year old female, I have a lot of problems. I try not to share them with everyone and only my best friend knows, but she doesn't understand what I am going through. No one does. I have family issues, my father is an alcaholic and is in a rehab facility, so I think, I'm not really sure where he is at the moment I am not speaking to him. My mother and I have our ups and downs, we fight a lot and I understand she is very stressed with my dad and my 95 year old great grandmother who she takes care of, but I just have a lot on my plate too and we take it out on each other. I haven't been in the best mood lately, I've been pretty straight forward with things and that's not helping my situation. I have a boy problem, too. I was dating this guy for awile, then we broke up. We are kind of "talking" I guess you can say, but there is this other girl who he still has feelings for, he says he doesn't like her like he likes me but I don't know I'm always second guessing myself . Im just so confused about life, like sometime I just want to disappear. I don't know how or why I feel this way, my life really isn't that bad. Im a cheerleader and I make good grades there's just something keeping me from living my life the way I want it to. I have thought about suicide a number of times and I have attempted it a couple of times there's just something that stops me I guess I'm scared of the outcome. I just am so confused. I feel like no one understands me and I get really emotional because I don't know how to tell people. I just want everything to go back to the way it was and I just want someone to love me. I just really don't know what to do...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 12:17 PM

For starters, don't bother with the boys for now. You mentioned you're looking for someone to love you, you have to be able to love yourself first.
    Talking things out can also help. I would suggest talking to a counselor. Your school should have a counselor you can talk to. Friends are good to vent to sometimes, but they don't always understand, and they can't always help the way we need them to. A counselor should be able to though.

You can always talk here too. There's lots of great people on this site. But sometimes it helps to have someone in person to turn to.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 10, 2010, 12:28 PM

Try to relax. I think that many people could relate to parts of this post. I think what you need to find is an area in your life that you can control. Maybe it's your grades, which you say are good, so try to make a goal for college. Try to understand what is in your control. Before having healthy relationships with other people, mother, father, boyfriend, you must have a healthy relationship with yourself. Try to understand why you are feeling this way, and then think about what started it, if someone or something triggered it. Do not worry about your father right now, as he has to fix his own issues. Do not worry about your mother right now either. Respect both of them, but give yourself some space from them right now to heal. You understand that your father has a problem, and that your mother has stress. You say your life is not bad by saying you get good grades. Yet emotionally you have problems it seems. Try to find half an hour every day to be alone, in a different environment. Try to think of 5 things you are grateful for daily and why. As mentioned, you can try talking to your counselor about your life issues, or you could try a therapist if this worsens or continues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have 3 year old son hi don't walk and don't talk [ 4 Answers ]

I have 3 years old son. He doesn’t walk and talk either. He can spell only AAAAA, BBBBB, and OOOOAAOOA. He can sit almost all day long with no problem, and can grab things near. I went to many different doctors (neurologist, psychologist, podiatrist, orthopedist. Muscle test, and still same answer:...

Emachine t2885 power button don't come on don't know where pw pins go [ 1 Answers ]

Emachine t2885 front panel came off and the power pins came out of the mb and I don't know the order the pw .sw .hdd. Go can some one help me

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

View more questions Search