Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nvrsaynvr Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Pregnant and agrivated!!
    I am six and half months pregnant and a lot of things and people agrivate me but for reason during this time the person who agrivates me the most is my mom .yes I know sounds a bit mean but its true . I don't live with her but we do work together. Its not the fact that we work together .its just that she just about two months ago split up from my dad and all she does is blame him for everything .I do understand that she's going through a though time but I have always done my best to understand her and try to help her out .besides her going though a divorce she has always been a very very negative person . 98 % of the words that come out of her mouth are negative words . Since she is my mother and I am around her quite a few all her negetivity is just really bringing me down and anoying me . I just rather some times not be around her or even answer her calls . I have told her that she needs to stop been so negative but she just thinks I am the crazy one.. onside of it all she's my mother and I love her but I just can't do it any more and it makes me feel bad because I can't be around her for to long.. what should I do next? Just wait till the baby is born ? Maybe ? And then I won't get as tired of her negetivity
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 07:55 AM

You need to tell her that although she may be angry with your father, he is still your father and you love him.

Divorce is tough for the whole family. She needs to understand that you love BOTH of them and her being negative about him is actually making you feel negative about her.

After you tell her this, next time she starts taking negatively, tell her that you don't want to hear it and you won't listen, then walk away. Is she going to get upset? Yes, but it's what she really needs to hear.

Maybe try to help her find a support group in your area.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 08:08 AM

How about having her over to your place, while she is calm have a conversation with her. Tell her that you love her and understand that she is going through a difficult time. That she needs to also understand that you as a her child are also effected by divorce of your parents. But most important you need to get across to her that you are going through a very exciting,happy, and emotional time in your life. That you need her to step up and start supporting you, starting with attitude. Of course you realize that she is going through a very hard time and might not be able to put on that positive attitude each and every time around you, but she needs to try. If nothing else you maybe helping her pull herself out of downward emotional rollacoaster and get started on her healing.
    If she can't or won't change that attitude, then I would sit as far away from her while at work, and stop hanging around her as much. Just because she is your mother doesn't mean you have to accept being in an
    Forced in terrible environment at work place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

My period is 4 months late and I am not pregnant, can I still get pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The first day of my last period was 5/22/2010 and it lasted for 5 days. Since then I have not seen a period. I have taken at best 15 home pregnancy test of various brands and they have all come back negative. I even went the length of going to the local health department to have two...

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

Agrivated DUI? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 for another month, and in August of 2007 I got into a car wreck involving myself. I haven't yet been to court because the first time I was late so they penciled me in for another date that's coming up in a week or so. I was charged with a dui and driving beyond the limitations of the...

View more questions Search