Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalafrizz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Does anyone have any advice?
    My ex-boyfriend have been dating for almost a year now and we were engaged also and one day we broke up and I am completely devastated, we done everything together and now it is like my whole life has changed and I am trying to be strong but I just can't help to break down and he says I can still call him names like"baby" and so on but he still tells me he loves me. So what should I do? Someone please help I am devastated.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 07:35 PM

Move on.

His is your ex.

Calling him baby still is just confusing you more.

Sorry but it is done and you need to set your boundaries and makes sure he does not play on and with your mind anymore.
    jheep Posts: 31, Reputation: 14

Oct 6, 2010, 12:24 AM
    If you're confused, then you have to find out the real score between the two of you. Did you really break-up? Were you both serious and decided that the two of you should go your own separate ways? Ask him.

If you don't want to break-up, then tell him. But if he insists that the two of you are no longer together, then move on. It takes two people to make a relationship work.

When you break-up for sure, there should be no looking back. No ifs, no buts. No should'ves, could'ves, and would'ves. No false hopes of getting back together again. No regrets. That's it.

Accept the fact, learn what you can from the relationship, and go NC.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 10:23 AM

The break up isn't a break up until you leave him alone. All that's been done is he gets to keep you in his life, without the title, or commitment. ( maybe friends with benefits?? )

Talaniman Rule-When they ask for a break, give it to them and do your own thing.

Talaniman Rule- When you break up, have the courtesy to revoke their relationship privileges.

Talaniman Rule- When they need space, give it to them, and disappear from their lives. This allows you to heal.

Talaniman Rule- Never allow an ex to make rules for what you do.

Talaniman Rule- While they are dumping you, never say you can't be friends. Agree to whatever they want, then disappear from their life.

Talaniman Rule - Don't miss other opportunities and options because your stuck on someone who is not as stuck on you, that’s just plain crazy.

He wants a break, give it to him, do your thing and disappear from his life and let someone else call him baby.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:47 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Yup, yup & yup.
    wonderlife Posts: 56, Reputation: 53

Oct 16, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post

Good rules! But I just wonder why never say "can't be friend" with someone who dumping you?

I agreed with Jheep. What's the cause of the breakup? Did he tell you why? Did he make his points clear enough for you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some advice [ 23 Answers ]

My relatioship ended August of 2008 when my ex girl friend (28 years old) broke up with me (23 years old). We were dating for 2 years and we were both in love and we both were head over heels with one another. We were like best friends and were very comfortable with one another. I realized that I...

I need some advice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant. For about 5 months... I started my period about 2 weeks early and it was pink then brown and now it's like a redish maroon with a little bit of clotting... what could be going on? This happened before too. I just really want to get...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

View more questions Search