Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lil_Greez_810 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 04:05 PM
    My girlfriend loves her ex still but says she's not in love with him what do I do?
    I found out that my girlfriend still loves her ex. I have been with her for eight months and her and ex dated for a year and a half. She promised me that I was the love of her life and that she didn't love him anymore. I seen text messages in her phone and she was telling him the same things she was telling me. I was hurt, because she lied to me and she still loves him while she loves me at the same time. I want to leave but I love her so much I'm stuck. She told me she loved him but wasn't in love with him and she needed time to not love him any more. I don't know what to do. I need help. I want to be with her but I'm afraid she won't ever get over him.

I know this maybe harsh but I went into my girlfriend's diary. In her diary she said she had things in there that shocked me. Well, first, I found out she still loved he ex and she wanted to be with him and she wasn't in love with me because she was in love with him still. But on top of that in her diary she had put in there that she loved him but wanted to have sex with another guy while they were together. She told me she loved him but she was in love with me. I want to believe her, but I don't believe her because this is the second time I have found out that she still loves him. And I also don't trust her because while she was with her ex she wanted to cheat on him and I thought if she felt that way with him what about me? What if she thinks that way about guys while she is with me? I don't know what to do should I leave her or what should I do? How do I go about this? I need help! Any advice? Please help me. I've never been a situation like this before.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 5, 2010, 04:12 PM

She needs time to not love him but they keep in touch by texting each other. So she is really not trying to get over him.. And she loves you too. This is one of those times that you need to back off. If you force her to make a choice, you will lose her. She will use that as an excuse to leave you, and then you have to live with the guilt. So I have a better option.

I don't think she is being fair to you. She wants to keep you both available so she can't lose. It is too bad that you are in love with her because it does make it hard for you to make the decision that you should make. Do to her what she probably will do to you, only do it first.. Dump her.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Greez_810 View Post
    I found out that my girlfriend still loves her ex. I have been with her for eight months and her and ex dated for a year and a half. She promised me that i was the love of her life and that she didn't love him anymore. I seen text messages in her phone and she was telling him the same things she was telling me. I was hurt, because she lied to me and she still loves him while she loves me at the same time. I want to leave but i love her so much I'm stuck. She told me she loved him but wasn't in love with him and she needed time to not love him any more. I don't know what to do. I need help. I want to be with her but I'm afraid she wont ever get over him. Any advice? Please help me. I've never been a situation like this before.

I think that you should leave her. There is really no sense in asking a lot of questions here, because it is quite clear that she still has feelings for him.

You caught her in a lie, which leads me to believe she is also being deceitful with him.

If she really loved you, then she wouldn't act this way with you.

The choice is your whether you want to be treated this way.

Good luck.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Greez_810 View Post
    Should I trust my girlfriend she has secrets? I know this maybe harsh but I went into my girlfriend's diary.
    Hello L:

Trust is, as trust does...

Forrest Gump

Oct 5, 2010, 04:45 PM

Lil greez, what will it take for you to realize that this woman is a two timing, insincere, dishonest, selfish, selfcenterd, immature, unfaithful, etc etc. And those are her good points. Should I go on? Don't you think you deserve better? If you think so little of yourself that you feel a need to put up with someone who so obviosly doesn't share your feelings, then I say "go for it".. She sounds perfect.
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 04:51 PM

So let me ask you this, how many more pieces of information (proof) do you need in order to realize that she is vindictive?

Well, I suppose you could always wait to walk in on her making love to another man...

Hmmmmm... What to do, what to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 04:55 PM

You snooped through her phone, and you snooped through her diary. You didn't trust her in the first place, and probably never will. You have no choice but to come clean, and end things, because I doubt you believe anything she says, and she will never trust you either. Hope you had fun the last 8 months, because all that fun is over for sure.

You both went behind the others back, instead of being upfront and honest. Now you know the truth there is but one course of action... leave her alone, and forget this sham of a relationship.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 04:57 PM

If she is texting another man and talking about having sex, that is cheating, at least from my beliefs. She may not be doing it physcially,
    If it was just all day dreams, we all have them, I would expect you sometimes day dream about someone yourself.

So you have dumped her and looking for new girlfriend yet ?

Oct 5, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    I don't know. She hasn't cheated that is the only reason I'm still with her. Maybe I'm blind but I love her
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 05:07 PM

Please stop making new posts about the same thing and it would help a lot to post feed back by scrolling down to the answer box instead of commenting on this post.

Oct 5, 2010, 05:07 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Honestly some times I trust her and some days I don't. And I let her see my messages to so It wasn't really I didn't trust her I wanted to make sure. IM sure you have trusted some one but still needed comformation.
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 05:10 PM

Lil_Greez_810 : Honestly some times I trust her and some days I don't. And I let her see my messages to so It wasn't really I didn't trust her I wanted to make sure. IM sure you have trusted some one but still needed comformation.

Say what you want. The fact remains that YOU don't trust her. If you did, then you wouldn't be going through her phone or her diary, OR you wouldn't be asking us about this issue.

Also, please stop posting new questions about the same thing.

Thank you.

Oct 5, 2010, 05:15 PM

I know what you mean Lil Greez. I 've been in love, and it does make you blind. I remember one time I came home and found my girlfriend in bed with another man. So I said to her "What are you doing??" and she turned to the guy she was with and said "See, I told you he was stupid."

Sometimes we continue to hold on, even if by a thread, because we just can't stand the thought of letting go..
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beachloverjohn View Post
    I know what you mean Lil Greez. I 've been in love, and it does make you blind. I remember one time I came home and found my girlfriend in bed with another man. So I said to her "What are you doing??" and she turned to the guy she was with and said "See, I told you he was stupid."

Sometimes we continue to hold on, even if by a thread, because we just can't stand the thought of letting go..
    Thank you for sharing that with us. I am sorry that happened to you.

I just don't want the same thing to happen to Lil Greez, and at this pace, it seems as if something like this will happen to him if he doesn't wise up.

Oct 6, 2010, 05:54 AM

That's OK Enigma, I'm over it. Now she's with an acquaintance of mine, but she hasn't changed a bit. She told him that she likes to talk during sex, so she called him from her hotel..
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 07:46 AM
    That's ok Enigma, I'm over it. Now she's with an acquaintance of mine, but she hasn't changed a bit. She told him that she likes to talk during sex, so she called him from her hotel..
    Wait wait... What! Explain this one to me.

Why am I getting a visual of her in missionary position, while he is going at it, she is on the phone with your acquaintance?:eek:

Oct 6, 2010, 07:20 PM

I really was blind when we were living together.

One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 07:35 PM
    I really was blind when we were living together.

One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."
    Wow... See, it's women like that, that give women like me a bad name.:mad:

How old were you when that happened?

Oct 6, 2010, 07:47 PM

When your in love, you only see what you want to see.

One night my girlfriend met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligée. The only trouble was, she was just getting home.
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 07:50 PM
    when your in love, you only see what you want to see.

one night my girlfriend met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was just getting home.
    Wow! That's awful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend says she loves me but she's not in love with me [ 15 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1.2 years has recently broken up with me (sunday, April 5 2009), she said that she loves me but she is NOT IN LOVE with me. I was devastated and the fact that we came a long way up to this point and now the inevitable happened. Bit of background about our relationship: Feb 08...

I love her and she loves me but she's dating someone else [ 11 Answers ]

I started dating this girl(let's call her G) at the end of highscool and things went really well for about a year. She was absolutely perfect for me and I seemed to be good for her as well. We really loved each other a lot and understood each other very well. Then, we both went through some...

My girlfriend doesn't show she's in love with me after 2 years? [ 3 Answers ]

hey my name is riyaad and I'm 14 years old, even since may 3rd 2008, I have fallen in love with this beautiful girl named marie. Before we we're friend, and the last week of April, we had spring break and I went over her house and she confused she's in love with me and on the 3rd of may we made it...

Girlfriend says she loves me, but is not in love with me. Says she needs time alone? [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years has recently moved out, and she says that she loves me as a person, but is not in love with me anymore. We had only been living together for 2 months, and she has ended it. Before this, we were both madly in love. I thought she was the one, and she thought I was the...

My girlfriend says she loves me but isn't [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I’m 20 and my girlfriend is 22. We have been together for about two years. When I first met her, she had just gone through a terrible breakup with a verbally abusive boyfriend. What made it worse was that she had really fallen for this boy, and swore that she had never and probably would never...

View more questions Search