Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilienthal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Distribution from IRA
    I used to live and work in Florida but moved back to my home country Germany. I still have a "normal" IRA and am now over 59 1/2. Do I have to pay taxes on distributions from the IRA in the US? I do not have any other income there.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Yes, you WILL have to pay normal income taxes on the IRA distributions.

You will receive Form 1099-R that shows the IRA distributions for the caledar year. That distribution amount will be reported on Form 1040NR, and the appropriate tax levied (probably at 10-15%).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-Resident IRA early distribution [ 12 Answers ]

I am an Irish resident who worked in US in 1990s. I have approx $200k in IRA. I am currently resident in Ireland for 10 years, have no US income and am aged 45 and want to withdraw with minimum taxes. Does anyone have the best method of doing so. What US taxes are payable and what forms need be...

IRA early partial distribution [ 13 Answers ]

Here is my scenario: I left my previous employer earlier this year and rolled over my 401K and pension into an IRA within the 60 day requirement. I had to take a partial distribution from the IRA for personal reasons. Can I put the money distributed to me back into my IRA within 60 days...

Non-Resident Alien Tax on IRA Distribution [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a british citizen living in Israel for the last 30 years. (I am an Israeli citizen). I have never lived or worked in the United States. My father recently passed away in the States, (he was an american citizen). My sister and I have been left a small IRA fund. We are the beneficiaries...

Ira early distribution cases [ 3 Answers ]

Man aged 47 with hardship life, withdraw money from IRA for sons education expenses and credit card debt, is he he liable for 10% penalty

Income Tax on IRA in Estate Distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Summary: Man and wife (over 65) have property and funds, which include an IRA. Everything is willed to each other, and then to the adult children. Wife dies and before her will is probated, husband dies. Will(s) are finally probated and estate distributed. It is understood that no ESTATE taxes...

View more questions Search