Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsc200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Hair Scalp Problem
    Hello,

I am 25 years old. I have started getting small pimple like spots on my head scalp.
    They are pus formed white-yellowish in color that causes itching. And if I scratch, they burst into blood. Please let me know the cause and treatment.
    pradeepshenoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dsc200
    Hello,

I am 25 years old. I have started getting small pimple like spots on my head scalp.
    They are pus formed white-yellowish in color that causes itching. And if I scratch, they burst into blood. Please let me know the cause and treatment.
    I suggest u homeopathic treatment.. if u've hair falling problems also, then u may as well join some homeopathic treatment centers avail
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
    It sounds like you have Folliculitis. Folliculitis usually appears as small, white-headed pimples around one or more hair follicles. It usually goes away in a few days, but good scalp hygiene will help control it. But it seems to me that you may have an infection due to picking and scratching your scalp. You should see a dermatologist for a proper treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy scalp [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have noticed that my scalp itches a lot, particularly when I stay late into the night. Any idea why this happens? Is this a known condition or will it lead to a new discovery? ;-D Thank you.

Scalp Condition: What is it? [ 2 Answers ]

I have flaky, dandruff-like skin and I've always assumed it was just dandruff. The past few months, however, it seemed like more than just dandruff. I have researched it, and cannot find exactly what it might be. My scalp is very oily and I have oily skin. I get patches on my scalp that are very...

Comb for removing dead hair on scalp? [ 1 Answers ]

What type of comb is best for removing dead hair just hanging on the scalp? Preferred if someone can show me a picture what the comb looks like.

Burning and pain in scalp [ 1 Answers ]

Most of the time I feel burning and pain in my scalp. When this is high my hair sheds after that. Please tell me if this is BSS then what should I do. Is it cureable. Thanks prabhjot

View more questions Search