Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hsds1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 10:27 PM
    My kittens dying and I don't know why
    My baby seven week old kitten is dying why? We have 4 kittens but the other one is clinging for life. Thre was actually 5 kittens but one was born still born. The dying kitten is in poor condition the vet said. We took her to the vet tonight. What could have gone wrong to cause my kitten to be near death. The vet says it's a very grave situation and she has a slim chance of living. Do you think she will probably die. What do you think the chances are. Some of the effect were they couldn't get her blood sugar up and she was cold and lethargic. I would never want any thing bad to happen to any of my animals. Can you please give me your opinions and advice.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 2, 2010, 02:07 AM
    Unless you have the money to spend on tests you really should do the kind thing for the kitten and have the vet put her to sleep. We can't possibly know why she is dying.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 2, 2010, 08:21 AM

That is so sad! I think you should try consulting your vet again, and another vet. Try to get more information on how to feed her, and how to keep her comfortable. Try to get more information from the vet on her condition, and find any possible options for her to live, and work with them. You can look up her symptoms on a pet version of webmd to help, but only the vet can really tell you that. If she is cold and lethargic then something is wrong, so you need to keep bringing her to vets to save her. Maybe they have a special food for her blood sugar. Is she eating? Does she still go to the bathroom reguarily?

Pet Health Center | Veterinary Care and Information from WebMD here's the website. But use it with caution, as a vet is really accurate, but maybe this could help.
    Has she been exposed to cold at all?
    How long has she been like this?
    I would recommend consulting another vet, and getting more information on your kitten.

Pet Symptoms: 6 Signs of Illness in Your Dog or Cat

Since the original post has anything else with the kitten changed?

Here is another link where you can try to learn about her symptoms. http://pets.webmd.com/cats/symptoms/default.htm

I disagree with the above post, I think that if you don't have money to use to save her and take her to the vet, then the fair thing to do is not to put her to sleep, but to give her to someone who can financially support her medical needs, or even try to arrange a paying method with the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying kittens [ 1 Answers ]

We have got 2-3 days old kitten think tey are abondened by their mother How should they be fed How to make them urinate and bowels Or should I contact the local veteran how can I get a veterans contact Can we prepare cat food at home

Kittens dying why [ 3 Answers ]

Please help my cat has gave birth to 3 kittens 2 have dyed already she isn't showing an interst in the 3rd why

New kittens. [ 8 Answers ]

Hey there... I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice... I am really worried about one of my 2 and a half week old kittens... she can't put any weight on her back legs and they seem to spread out to the sides, the other 2 kittens are moving around fine and seem to be able to hold their...

Kittens [ 3 Answers ]

My two weeks old kitten has red pupils. Is that normal?

My cat's kittens are dying [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people... I need your help... My cat had disappered.. and she has 3 kittens... she last fed them 14 hours ago... I called the vet and he told me that I must feed them which I did... but I don't know how to take care of 2 weeks kittens who still didn't open their eyes... please hellp me......

View more questions Search