Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaystar1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 01:10 PM
    My ex girlfriend owe me money for car
    My ex owes me money for car . She had 12000 and said she would pay me back monthly. She set up a standing order and started to pay for 9 months but she as stopped the payments.. I have proof by text message that she would pay for the car and also someone over hearing a coverstion that she would pay... what can I do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 1, 2010, 01:30 PM

You will likely need to sue her in small claims court. Over hearing a conversation will not usually be allowed as evidence unless the party could hear both people at the same time.
    jaystar1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 01:40 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Yes she could here both people.. I also have the proof she was paying a standing order and a text message saying she will pay for the car every month
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2010, 09:20 AM

Please don't use the "comment" feature to add information.

You sue her and go to Court and prove your case. She was making payments so that indicates there was an agreement. The dollar amount of the agreement is probably going to be the bottom line - your word against hers.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 8, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Not sure why this post popped on as new since nobody has commented since 10-3-10?
    zarabrady24 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 07:06 PM
    The text messages that you have will be a great to help you out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a judgement take my car if I still owe money on it [ 2 Answers ]

I have an eleven year old judgement for a credit card from 1999. The sheriff came today and took my car although I still owe 20 thousand on the car and my bank holds the lien. They said they were going to sell it and said they have first right before the bank because it is for a judgement. How...

Insurance paid off my car but still owe money [ 1 Answers ]

A dunk driver hit my car a totaled it. His insurance company paid the book value of the car and I also had insurance plus GAP Insurance on the car. This happened in 2004. Each year since that time the Bank has been writiing me stating that I owe $321.00 because the payoff did not include late...

Do we owe any money? [ 1 Answers ]

We received a 1099-A form from our lender because we abandoned or second vacation home last 2/27/08. This form shows the balance of our principal, and the fair market value of the property. My question is, do we still owe money to the lender or to the IRS. Thank You. Please email at...

I owe my Ex some money, what would you do? [ 12 Answers ]

I owe my ex girlfriend some money, it's not a massive amount, £60 / $120. We used her credit card to pay for a holiday 2months ago. The amount doesn't bother me, will she think of me as a really good guy if I pay it her back do you think? I'm going through NC so I can do it as an online bank...

View more questions Search