Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joemoe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Can you change your oil and leave the filter on?
    I changed the oil on my car for the first time, but the filter was on too tight to remove. I need to buy a filter wrench. I left the old filter on... does this mean I simply must change my oil sooner?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 08:19 AM

Hello j:

It means that as soon as you have a NEW filter, you need to change your oil AGAIN.

excon
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 08:26 AM

Start using SAE 5W-30 full synthetic engine oil (e.g. Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum) and a premium filter (e.g. Mobil 1 or PureOne). Change the synthetic oil and filter every 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. This is the single most important decision for your car that you'll make.

These links should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post617849

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2162069

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil filter change on dodge nitro [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know the easiest way to change the oil filter on a dodge nitro with the 3.7l motor. Its hidden in front of the motor and we can't figure out an easy way to get to it. Someone said you may be able to remove the drain pan under it by removing two bolts. Any help would be greatly...

Mazda Tribute-v6 '03 oil change & filter [ 1 Answers ]

Is the oil filter and drain plug easily accessible for a do-it-your selfer on an '03 Mazda tribute es v6? Or must I bring it to a service station to access from a lift? Thanks, Jim

Change oil filter 2008 f-150 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to extract the oil filter from a 2008 F-150 5.4L engine?

Quick oil change/filter [ 2 Answers ]

When changing the oil in my Wizard Riding Lawn Mower, is there a filter that I have to change out? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search