Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giovanniko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Hp monitor dark
    Hi

I have a hp pavilion laptop zv5000 about 3 years old now. The monitor is very dark. I just about see the desk top and if I shine a light on the screen I can just about navigate my files. Basically its useless. I hooked up another monitor to the computer and it says no signal. Is there any hope for my machine? Thanks.

Giovanniko
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 30, 2006, 05:51 PM
    Did you start the laptop with the external monitor connected ? Unless yours has the dual output capability you have to tell it you are using the 15 pin plug and restart with it connected. Try this and let us know.

Good luck
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Jan 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Try to adjust the brightness using the system keys, or u might have the bad inverter, or maybe the fluorescent tube backlight is broken or disconnected, in that case might need to talk to the manuf... if u have warranty, or take to the shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Hp a1560n monitor stays dark [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a known problem with hp a1560n pcs where the monitor stays dark on boot up or after hibernation? The monitor works fine with a different PC.

Monitor? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it my moniter or my video card that not working when I play a game called medevil total war. I get the main screen and the trailer but when I play the game the maps show up white and my men show up as orange and in blocks Can anyone answer my question please.

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I need a service manual or schematic for a CTX color monitor Model VL500. FCC ID DBL1569S. By CTX International, Inc. Help please! Roy Randall Randall Electronics

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search