Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LStokes1605 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 02:39 PM
    I want my son father to sign over all his right what do I do?
    I just want my son father to sign his rights over, I don't ask him for money just ask that he there for my son like I'm. He there when he feel like it. So I just want him to sign them over I don't have time for the games. So what do I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 02:45 PM

As far as I understand it, your son's father cannot sign over his rights. One of our legal experts will be here later, so please check back during the next six hours or so for a reply from one or more of them. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 05:23 PM

He can not "sign over his rights" not unless you are re-married and the new husband wants to adopt.

He can not fight a new custody order where he has no visits or no say in the child's life ( but will have right to go back to ask for it to be changed latter)

And you are really stealing from your child, the child has a right to get support, it is his money not yours.

So what you do, you go to court, get child support and get a formal child custody agreement.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2010, 05:46 PM

Basically you do nothing since there is nothing you can do. Only a court can terminate parental rights and courts are very reluctant to do so. There is a sticky note at the top of this forum that explains this. Please read it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LStokes1605 View Post
    ... So what do I do?
    Have you read this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 06:01 PM

Be sure to take him to court for child support. The child is his responsibility too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The father of my son passed away and my new husband wants to adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father passed way almost two years ago. I just remarried and my new husband wants to adopt my son. My new husband has been taking care of my son like his own for a year now and my son just adores him and all ready calls him "Dad". We live in Illinois and just wanted to know where we...

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

I'm the biological father and want to be the legal father of my son [ 24 Answers ]

Hi,I just found out that I am the biological father of my 2 yr. old son through DNA testing.my son's legal father right now is his mother's ex live in partner.he just found out too that he's not the real father of my son.my son and the mom and the legal father is in New Jersey right now and I just...

Single Mother's father of her son wants to sign his rights away [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of a 11 month old and I have been trying to get the father of my son to be involved in his sons life I have not asked for money but I did recently go through the attorney general and he requested the paternity testing and of course he showed to be the father which he just was...

View more questions Search