Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbahlman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Trying to replace Weird Size Tub Spout Diverter
    When I pull up my Diverter for my shower, It sprays a lot and cuts down on my shower's stream. So I decided to replace it yesterday. I determined that it is the screw on type and removed it. But when I took it off I noticed that there was a 1/2 inch copper pipe with a 1 1/4 inch thread attached to the pipe close to the wall. I went to home depot and could not find a match. One of the workers at home depot told me it was a weird size to have and I would have to find the replacement somewhere else.

Any suggestions on what I can do to find a replacement.

Ps I have a Delta Monitor 1400 series faucet if it makes any difference.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 30, 2006, 10:05 AM
    This is why big box store employees aren't out doing plumbing. He was dead wrong. Nothing weird about your spout. They just didn't kinow what to call it. Go into a plumbing store and ask for a 1/2" threaded rear end diverter spout,(see image) good luck, Tom
    jbahlman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    This is why big box store employees aren't out doing plumbing. He was dead wrong. Nothing weird about your spout. They just didn't kinow what to call it. Go into a plumbing store and ask for a 1/2" threaded rear end diverter spout,(see image) good luck, Tom

But the threaded part is 1 1/4" not 1/2" or 3/4". Is the piece you recommended still correct?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 30, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbahlman
    But the threaded part is 1 1/4" not 1/2" or 3/4". Is the piece you recommended still correct?

Thanks
    Then I would unsweat the 1 1/4" male adapter and replace it with a 1/2" male adapter. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remove old tub spout [ 4 Answers ]

My shower dribbles and has no pressure. I know I need to replace the tub spout, I bought a universal, but, I can't et the old one loose! Any suggestions? Thank you!

Need to replace tub diverter - stressed out [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first home and much to my surprise, the shower doesn't work. I did some research and found that part of my problem is that the diverter in the tub has corroded away and now the water only comes from the spout, not the shower. We are trying to take off the spout to replace it,...

Water leaking from spout when diverter pulled [ 3 Answers ]

In the tub, when the shower diverter is pulled, a large amount of water is running out of the tub spout, lowering the water pressure in the shower head. In the past, the "normal" or expected amount of water came out of the spout, but this amount is much larger. Is there a way to replace the...

Tub spout dripping [ 5 Answers ]

My bath tup spout/faucet is dripping. What can I do about this? Thank You

Replace Sunken Tub with New Tub & Surround [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 34 year-old tiled concrete sunken roman tub that's too ratty to even think about soaking in. Besides that, the stopper's gone and the whole thing needs to be updated. It's currently being used as a step-down shower. Some dimensions: Length 57", Width 27 1/4", Depth 11"(only 6" after I...

View more questions Search