Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stillasking Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Can a finance company Lien two different properties for one debt?
    I purchased a furnace from Direct Energy and was financed by a company called Snap Financial. I was required to get a co-signer for this 5,000.00 loan. Which I did and was approved. Two years later I went to re-finance my home and discovered a $10.000.00 plus lien on my property. Snap Financial put this lien on my home days after the furnace was installed. When I asked why they said it was common practice and that the details were in my contract. I have no contract just the original sales agreement which says nothing about Liens. Four months ago I stopped making my payments until I received from them a copy of this so called contract. I have not received anything from them and now their threatening to put a lien on my co-signer's property. Is this legal? What are my options now?. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I live in Sutton, Ontario

Check out some similar questions!

How can I write a good company profile as my company deals in debt collections. [ 1 Answers ]

Am setting up a company dealing in debt collections. Am an accountant and my partner is an attorney- lawyer. We want to contact banks, hospital insurance hotels and persons as doctors.

A company issues long term debt on 1/1/08. Debt has face value of $300k and annual st [ 1 Answers ]

a company issues long term debt on 1/1/08. Debt has face value of $300k and annual stated interest rate of 10%. Debt matures 1/1/2013 assume debg agreement rquires company to make annual interest payment every Jan 1st. What is a timeline indicating the timing and magnitude of future cash outflows...

Can credit card companies put a lien on Real estate investment properties? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I have 3 investment properties with mortgages and very little equity left in them. If I default on on my credit card debt can they put a lien on these properties. My expesnse each month far exceed my income. Thanks for your advice. Ed O'Connell

Newly join in real estate properties company and working as a copywriter [ 3 Answers ]

How can I constantly update my brain as a copywriter? Now I am about to contact the investors and developers throughout the world.What is your suggestion for me? I am confused... Help me

In need of reliable information on Tax Lien properties [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking into buying tax lien homes. I am looking for a place I can get the listings for free. I have looked and looked and cannot find not one that I don't have to pay for. Also anyone that has some information on this subject that I need to watch out for would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.