Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanika Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Darkness around eyes
    Hello,

I have been using a bleaching cream for some years now and in the most recent years
    I have developed a darkness around the eye area - no matter what I try it does not disappear and it looks horrible. Can someone please tell me what this darkness is? Why it happens? And most important- how can I get rid of it? Keeping in mind that I am of a African Decent

PLEASE HELP tired of looking as if I have gotten punched in the eye.

Shan:
    lauree Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Seems like a hyperpigmentation. Maybe the melanongenesis has to be blocked. But it could be anything else. I really suggest applying a dermatologist..
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Jul 12, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Try a cream with kojic acid, arbutin, and niacinamide... (if no niacinamide... don't worry... it's just an added brightener.. )
    DrMOM6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 11:51 AM
    It could be a vitamin B deficiency. Have your doctor test your vitamin B levels and/or take vitamin B supplements.
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Jul 16, 2010, 08:03 PM

NEVER use skin lighteners around the eyes. The skin there is so thin and delicate and the reason it looks darker is because of the blood vessels behind the thin skin. Get some sleep or use tea bags to help reduce the irritation. Please do not use harsh chemicals around your eyes.. they can seep through and damage your vision!
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Jul 21, 2010, 12:05 PM

But if you don't apply lighteners around the eyes wouldn't they become darker than the rest of your face? I put lightener under my eyes to help my dark circles but some lighteners just lighten without evening out your skin so I haven't had much luck. I agree that some lightening agents actually thin the skin which will make your eyes appear with a dark cast. Boriqua is right koljic acid seems to even out the skin pretty well thus helping the eye area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bags under eyes [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of bags under you eyes in a natural way??

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search