Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stenzo51 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Delta kitchen faucet low water pressure - single handle
    My single handle Delta kitchen faucet has lost pressure recently, especially the cold water, which is no more than a trickle. I've cleaned the aerators and replaced the seats and springs, but no improvement. Even with the aerator removed the pressure remains very low. I suspect a blockage somewhere, but where? All the parts I can see have been cleaned and/or replaced. Any ideas?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 05:25 AM

Hi Stenzo...

I'd start by shutting off the water to the faucet and then I would remove the cartridge from the valve. While the cartridge is out take a towel and place it over the faucet and then turn the hot shutoff on for a short burst and then do the same with the cold shutoff. Hopefully, that will clear the pipes of anything caught inside the faucet.

Clean the cartridge and then reinstall it and check the pressure. If fixed, that's great!

If that fails to fix this then you will want to shut off the shutoffs again and disconnect the supplies from the faucet... disconnect from the faucet end and then take the supplies and direct them into a bucket... one at a time... and check for flow of water. If you find a reduced flow from either shutoff you'll want to shut off the main water supply to the house and disassemble the shutoff with the issue and clear of any debris/sediment by pulsing water into a towel again as you did with the faucet.

If you have great volume/flow of water from the shutoffs after all this then the cartridge from the faucet may need to be replaced, OK?

That's where to start... back to you.

Mark

Sep 27, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Thanks Mark. It's been a couple of hours now. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 08:59 AM

Hi Stenzo...

I posted in about 5 minutes as I said I would.

Do you see the post with my suggestions?

Back to you...

Sep 27, 2010, 04:33 PM
    No sir. I'm afraid I don't. Would you mind posting again? Thanks again!
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 06:12 PM

Here you go...

Hi Stenzo...

I'd start by shutting off the water to the faucet and then I would remove the cartridge from the valve. While the cartridge is out take a towel and place it over the faucet and then turn the hot shutoff on for a short burst and then do the same with the cold shutoff. Hopefully, that will clear the pipes of anything caught inside the faucet.

Clean the cartridge and then reinstall it and check the pressure. If fixed, that's great!

If that fails to fix this then you will want to shut off the shutoffs again and disconnect the supplies from the faucet... disconnect from the faucet end and then take the supplies and direct them into a bucket... one at a time... and check for flow of water. If you find a reduced flow from either shutoff you'll want to shut off the main water supply to the house and disassemble the shutoff with the issue and clear of any debris/sediment by pulsing water into a towel again as you did with the faucet.

If you have great volume/flow of water from the shutoffs after all this then the cartridge from the faucet may need to be replaced, OK?

That's where to start... back to you.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping single handle delta bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Have any ideas on how I repair this dripping problem? I have an indication that I need to replace a washer or "O" ring, but don't know how to get to those pieces. Help

Leaking single handle Delta faucet in a bath tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a steady-dripping single handle Delta faucet in an upstairs bathtub. It has a pretty good leak. How do I get to the leak to fix it and what do I need to replace?

Low water volume at single kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Low water volume because of Canadian laws. I have a single Moen kitchen tap. I want to increase the volume of water. How can I take apart this tap and drill out the small water supply hole?

Dripping Delta Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single-handle Delta kitchen faucet that will not stop dripping. I did some research online and learned to buy a replacement kit to replace the interior workings of the faucet. I have done that, and have replaced every interior part, both O-rings, the springs and seals (which I am told is...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search