Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Sep 24, 2010, 05:05 PM
    I take a caffein pill before I am supposed to wake up, to 'pop out of bed.' Harmful?
    Sooo... yeah the title explains it pretty well. Ive pretty much realized that the key to success in life is being a morning person, and I love to get up early. Thing is... my body doesn't! If I am supposed to get up at say... 7, I set my alarm for 5-5:30a and pop a caffeine pill and the pass out again, which results in me waking up as a ball of youthful energy 20-30 minutes before my alarm goes off. There is no crash later in the day, either.
    So anyway... I was just wondering if there is any legitimate reason or health effects that should cause to make me wary of doing such a thing. It's only about 200mg, which is the same as a cup of coffee - just wondering if/why it would be bad to take it BEFORE I wake up. I've never heard of anyone else doing this... but Ive been doing it for about 3 months, and it's like... awesome. Thanks!

Sep 26, 2010, 12:06 PM

Anyone?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2010, 07:44 PM

If the caffein content is equivalent to a cup of coffee, you have had no adverse effects and it's accomplishing the intended purpose I can't see any reason to question the practice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 07:51 PM

I prefer Melatonin before going to bed. It's natural and healthier.
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Sep 27, 2010, 11:11 PM

It's obviously not the healthiest option but not dangerous. Although keep in mind that over time stimulants whether in the morning or throughout the day create problems within the body.

Oct 2, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I prefer Melatonin before going to bed. It's natural and healthier.
    I don't really think that it's due to me not getting enough sleep, although that is the case sometimes. It's really just that in the morning I don't have the sheer will power to get up, and I'm miserable when I have to. When I take a caffeine pill, it's like my body is all "WELL GOOD MORNING WORLD!!!" and I like that... Lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 11:52 AM

I prefer 4 or 5 cups of coffee as the morning goes on
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2010, 11:59 AM

I get up at 4:00 a.m. A good hot shower wakes me up enough to get to the coffee maker. Then I make a strong pot full for the two LARGE cups that it takes for me on my commute to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Slats for full size bed [ 3 Answers ]

I am purchasing a new mattress and box spring. I have been told that I need to supply three full size bed slats. I need the dimensions and type of wood that should be used so I can purchase them at my nearest Home Depot or Lowe's. I specifically need the length required. I need this answer...

Is it right to do exeecise when I wake up.. even if I wake up at 12 pm? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it right to do exercise when I wake up.. even if I wake up at 12 pm?

My 2yr old goes to bed OK but always wakes at 2am n ends up in our bed. Help? [ 7 Answers ]

My 2 year old daughter has no problems going to bed, we have done the same routine since she was a new born, but every night between 2am and 4am she wakes up and will not go back to sleep and will paddy for hours until we finally give in and she sleeps with us, she is also very clingy to mummy.

Difficulty getting my 4.5yr old grandson to bed (well, to stay in bed) [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter and grandson live with us. He rarely goes to bed before 8pm. Once he's in bed, story read, drink of water, kisses and tucking in he rarely will stay there. He is probably up and down up to 6 times before he finally stays put. That doesn't mean he's sleeping though. When we go to...

View more questions Search