Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackhawks29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 11:23 PM
    Need advice on silver certificates
    Hi,

I have 178 silver certificates mostly 1957, 1957A and 1957B $1 a few 1935 $1 and a few 1953 $5... what are some good books for research? Thanks for any help or advice.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2010, 03:18 PM

BLACKhawks29- YOU CAN GO TO
    { Amazon .com} and go to coin and currency,under collector in the new and used book section; that is the cheapest place to by books; OR go to your local ( LIBERARY ; and tell them you want to see some books on coins and currency;they have some good ones at most liberarys; OK on the computer go to [ money factory,com] or you can go to thisBOOK [A GUIDE BOOK OF UNITED STATES PAPER MONEY}from 1861to preasent.;; {In the first few pages there is a lot of information on paper money, and on page 26 & 27 starts telling about the SILVER CERTIFICATES < ALL DENOMNATIONS > About the silver certificates from 1878 when they first came out;; gives a lot of info.There is a magizine type newspaper like that is also out ; it is calledc " The Numismatist" it has a lot of info in it ;I have seen back dates of them in pawn shops and sometimes in coin and currency shops]'11I think that you will need to get a book from liberary on " The story of united states currency'' Please let me know how you come out ;; Good luck and if there is something that I can help you with ,just come on here and holler ;Have a great night and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silver Certificates [ 4 Answers ]

I have several silver certificates, most are very old looking, all are between 1935 - 1957. However, I have 2 that are in good shape with stars preceding the serial number, one is 1957 the other is 1957A. Do these have any significant value?

Silver Certificates [ 2 Answers ]

what is the value of 1935 silver certificate series e g01961402h

Silver certificates [ 2 Answers ]

How much are 5$ silver certificates years 1934-e and 1935-e worth also 1935 and 1934 1 dollar certificates worth

Silver certificates [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 $1 silver certificates with the blue seal on them.The serial numbers are C26227303J(1935G)- B90926220J(1935G)- V75164184)1935F- They look like they were used a lot but then put away and flattened out. They have some stains and wrinkles but are straight and flat.

View more questions Search