Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberrie73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Bad hair!!
    "I just had my hair dyed red and instead of it being a pretty strawberrie blonde which I wanted, I got a bright hideous red. What can I do to tame it down and make it less bright and more strawberrie blonde??"
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 03:57 PM

Hello Strawberrie,

The only things you can do is to either bleach it or strip it.

However, red is the most quick color to fade out, yet the hardest to get rid of. Strange, I know.

That being said, you could wait for a week or so and use a clarifying shampoo to fade the brightness out.

It's up to you. Is this something that you can't live with? If that is the case, then stripping it is the best way.

If I were you, I would go to a salon to have a stylist look at the condition of your hair first, before you do any thing. Also, have them tell you your best option. I can't see or feel your hair to give you the overall on what you should do.

Good luck.
    strawberrie73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 05:28 PM
    Thank you so much!! I will probably go see someone at a salon, appreciate your help!!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrie73 View Post
    Thankyou so much!!!! I will probably go see someone at a salon, appreciate your help!!!
    You're welcome.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair color gone bad [ 2 Answers ]

I clored my hair at home it turned it black went to the salon to have it fixed she put bleach on it then color it is two read what can I do cathy

Red hair gone bad [ 2 Answers ]

I originally have strawberry blonde hair. I have never dyed my hair until 2 days ago. I decided to put a light brown in and it turned it black:mad: . I decided that I just wanted to go back to my original hair color so I went back to the place I bought the dye from and said I would have to strip...

Hair dye on highlighted hair? Good or bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

hiyaaa!!! i normally get my hair done at the hairdressers, blond highlights using foils. my roots are so bad at the moment and I can't afford to have them done so today after work (finish at 3) im going to tesco's to buy a hair dye... is this a bad idea dying highlighted hair??? would it be...

View more questions Search