Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilasanders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Senior living facility will not return money taken in error
    I have made 10 attempts to collect money that was taken from my 86 year old friend out of her checking account. We gave 30 day notice and we moved her out 3 days early even. The place where she was living took out another months charges from her checking account. This is ridiculous she didn't even live there. So after writing numerous letters they returned partial amount of what they took and now after being passed around the company I cannot get any further help. What can I do for my friend?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2010, 05:56 PM

Sue
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 06:11 PM

Your friend needs to sue, (and in fact unless you were given some legal status over her affairs the home should not even be discussing this with you.

There had to be a written agreement, what was its terms for notice and moving out
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 06:39 PM

Your friend could sue, and she should see if she can sue for treble damages

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living in australia for as little money as possible [ 1 Answers ]

I spent a lot of time in australia when I was younger and ever since, I've known I would eventually find my way home. I'm planning on finding a way to get there as soon as I can but I don't really have a lot of money so I need to find the cheepest way of staying. Youth hostels? Homeless shelters?...

Debt Forgiveness for Senior in Assisted Living on Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

My 72 year old uncle is moving into an assisted living center. Medicare is paying for just about everything. But he still has some outside debt. He won't be able to pay that off, since all his money is goint to assisted living. What can we tell his creditors?

Automatic cut-off for pumps at a community living facility [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, We have a residential development with 22 independent villas. Each villa is provided with an underground tank with float arrangement for water storage. A 2 1/2 " ring main (a loop) runs in the entire plot, from which the connection to each underground tank has been tapped-off. The...

Living Situations & The Money [ 4 Answers ]

My Mom left my Father a year ago, however she never asked for child support. To keep peace within my family I juggled living back and forth between my parents. Now after a year I have come to the decision that I can not live with my Father. All he cares about is the money. He makes my Mother split...

Inheritance money will I be taxed for living in another state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I recently inherited some money from a home which my mother sold as part of our inheritance (4) children. The problem is that the property is located in Puerto rico and my mother has just informed me that her lawyer said we will not be able to claim the money until this coming year tax return ...

View more questions Search