Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timbaum1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Direct connecting two computers
    I want to connect my old computer to my new one so I can transfer files (especially my large e-mail files). My old computer has a modem connection and 2 USB ports. My new computer has a modem port, USB ports and Ethernet port. Is there a way to direct connect the two computers via either the modem to modem ports or USB to USB ports? I would prefer the USB to USB because it is faster.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Dec 28, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timbaum1234
    I want to connect my old computer to my new one so I can transfer files (especially my large e-mail files). My old computer has a modem connection and 2 USB ports. My new computer has a modem port, USB ports and Ethernet port. Is there a way to direct connect the two computers via either the modem to modem ports or USB to USB ports? I would prefer the USB to USB because it is faster.
    Do the computers have network interface cards? The way two or more computers are connected (unless wireless or by the internet) are between NIC cards with wire that has connectors slightly larger (wider) than your phone connector. Most computers have them installed already but if not... they are very inexpensive to buy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2006, 08:07 PM
    You can get a USB File Transfer cable and use XP's File and Transfer Settings wizard to do the transfer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct Write Off Method [ 2 Answers ]

When you're using he direct write off method, do you decrease the AR balance and net income?

Connecting Two Computers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a linksys router and it is directly connected to my computer wired and I have a laptop connected wireless well what I want to do it be able to access files between both computers through a network how would I set this up ?

Direct Vent [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a direct vent wall mount furnace. When ever the wind blows the pilot light goes out. Is there anyway to correct this matter? There was nothing in the installation guide nor information from the company that I purchased this from that informed me that this could be a problem. ...

Connecting two computers together [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, just wondering since my cd rom on xp is not working, IS there anyway that I can connect my old PC win 98, 4gb hard drive to my xp and use win 98 cd rom to install program on xp.

View more questions Search