Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    allyons's Avatar
    allyons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 28, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Child support
    I have been tiring to get a modification to my child order for over a year, my child's mother moved from va the state where the child support order is in effect, Virginia DCSE tells me they can't do a modification because neither parents lives in VA, but my child's mother is in the military and VA is still her home of record, she pay taxes and has a license she is just station in GA. I went to Ga DCSE and they told me VA has to do the modification what do I have to do? I need help?
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Dec 29, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Whatever state established the original order would be the state to modify it. Go back to the VA court that issued the original order and file a motion for a modification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child support [ 13 Answers ]

HEllo, My wife and I have a 17 yr old son. We live in Wa state. Our son has always had behavioral problems, 2 yrs ago he started threatening his younger brotherand sister and us as well. His maternal grandmother and Aunt offered to take him in, so we gave guardianship over to them. They live in...

View more questions Search