Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sargeinator Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 04:14 PM
    How do you splice the main cables feeding you circuit panel?
    I want to move my main panel from one room to another, but how do you splice the main cable coming from the meter to my new panel location?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Are you planning on moving the meter as well? If not, you can pipe to the new location and make the connection in the meter panel, using the lugs.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 07:14 PM

If it is being moved farther then you cannot simply do this. There are strict rules as to how far into the house the panel can go before needing an outside disconnect.

You are not planning on doing this yourself, are you? Your electrician will know exactly what to do and what the codes are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New 250 volt circuit, no grounding bar in main panel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have searched for this answer but I can't find a clear answer for a rookie. I am adding a 250v/20amp circuit to my main panel for a window air conditioner. I have a newer Murray main panel that was installed by an electrician, but its an old house and all the outlets are 2 prong type. So I...

Sequence of circuit breakers in main panel / 240v on top or bottom [ 3 Answers ]

In an electrical service panel. Does it matter if the 2 pole breakers are on top, or ahead of the 1 pole breakers.

200 amp main feeding 200 amp sub-panel [ 13 Answers ]

The utility spotter recommendeds the corner of my house as the location for a 200 amp aerial service entrance/meter base. My county requires a shut-off switch with the meter base, so a combination meterbase and load center is the standard here. I'm okay with her recommended SE location, but...

Main Circuit Panel to Branch Panel? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello experts, OK... My Main Load center in my home has a branch circuit connected to a 60 amp breaker. The branch feed wire is a 4awg copper wire. The branch panel is downstairs and it has a 100amp main cutoff breaker installed in it. It feeds the whole downstairs including... (1)...

View more questions Search