Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 03:56 PM
    Signed children books by author
    Hi,

Could you please tell me who is this author, Elfrida Vipont? Apparently my search showed that she was an author like Enid Blyton for chilldren books, however, not as popular.
    My question is that I have two of her books, one signed as "Elfrida Vipont" and the other book, under her pseudonym name of "Charles Vipont" and signed under this name.
    Are such books valuable? Also, why did she have to write under a male name for books for boys? Enid Blyton did not do so. Was is because of her Quaker religion?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 04:17 PM

She wrote under a male name for boys so they would be more inclined to read the book. She also wrote under her married name of E.V. Foulds.

Go to your public library's reference desk to find out if her signed books are worth money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Books-unknown title and author [ 2 Answers ]

I read a book in High School but can't remember the title or author, about a young couple that get married in his college town and set up an apartment near the school. She buys an alarm clock at the dime store and seeks out a hot plate to cook on. I remember she gets her long hair bobbed just like...

10 children books about self esteem preschool [ 1 Answers ]

I would need 10 preschool books on self esteem for my CDA portfolio

Movie about an author who talks to god and writes self help books about it [ 1 Answers ]

Movie about author of books about god

Title, author of children's books from more than 20 years ago. [ 13 Answers ]

I had a really cool teacher in fourth grade - I think he was like 180 - or at least 80. He used to read us these books about a bunch of friendly animals living in the forest together, and they'd talk to each other and go on adventures. I loved them so much that one day I found a big bin of them at...

View more questions Search