Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikegladstone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 04:59 AM
    Lightbulb not turning on
    A lightbulb blew in my utility room at home and the circuit braker switch flicked on the fuse box. I removed the bulb, flicked the switch back, replaced light bulb with new, turned on light switch, but light is not lighting up. There is another light outside the room which is linked to the same switch. This light is lighting - so the circuit appears to be working.
    Can anyone advise?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 05:39 AM

Other light could still be on another circuit.
    Try turning breaker all the way off, then back on.
    You tried bulb in another fixture I'm sure.
    Next would be verifying power out of all Breakers, then to switch, then light fixture.
    piggingstring Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 12:06 AM
    Light bulb may not be screwed all the way in, or it is a bad light bulb. Try another bulb.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2010, 02:28 AM

Do u have power at light socket with switch on? Check with a volt meter. Should read 120. If not u have a wire in the circuit that is either broke or disconnected.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Coldspot lightbulb [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper light bulb for the coldspot model # 1068590410

Different lightbulb types [ 1 Answers ]

I have fixtures for track lighting that specify use of R30 or PAR30 bulbs. In similar fixtures (specifying R30) I have, in the past, used the new breed of spiral "flourescent" energy saver bulbs. Will these be acceptable in the track lights? Could I use normal household bulbs ("A19" type)? What is...

A15C lightbulb [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a new ceiling fan with a light fixture that requires a candelabra base light bulb with the A15C recommended. Cannot find them anywhere. Any suggestions?

E 17 lightbulb? [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a ceiling fan that requires a type "E 17" lightbulb. HOWEVER, I cannot find this type of bulb. Home Depot says there is an adapter that allows a standard ceiling fan light bulb to connect. HELP!

Removing a stuck lightbulb [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 lightbulbs in my house that no longer work, but I can't get them out of the sockets to replace them. On one, the glass is already broken and it's just the metal screw part that's still in the socket. The other one is still a whole bulb stuck in there. Any suggestions as to how to get...

View more questions Search