Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Sep 12, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Basement blackout
    All the power in my basement went off and the circuit was not tripped. All we're running is small freezer and an overhead light and they're on separate outlets. Any ideas?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2010, 02:37 AM

Somewhere at any point from the panel to the lights and outlets is a loose connection in a junction box, or at a switch or receptacle.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 04:41 AM

Are outlets or circuit GFI? If so, press reset button.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2010, 06:42 AM

Both great thoughts but have you confirmed power at the breaker? I'd start there and then look downstream if power is dectected from the breaker supply side

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having sex having a blackout [ 1 Answers ]

I had just arrived from home and found my fiancé lying on the bed with a towel around her waist, and nothing underneath. I first thought she was just sleeping, I came on to her and started touching her. She refused a several times (which was weired), eventually she opened her legs and responded,...

What does blackout period mean [ 2 Answers ]

The company I was working for sent us a letter stating that their would be a blackout period of 30 days on our 401k retirement plan so that they could change investment providers. Ok at the time of the blackout the provider we were with showed that I had $8,827.08 on my ending balance. Now that we...

Blackout period for earnings release [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find the blackout period for earnings releases for a company?

Blackout during sex [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if it's normal to blackout during sex. It only happens when I'm stand up or when I'm in the shower. My vision goes grey and everything starts spinning my hearing starts to go and everything sounds muffeled and my legs go weak. The last time it happened my girlfriend said I was...

View more questions Search