Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KateOnline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 04:31 PM
    How to file a motion for legal fees in NYS in a child support case
    I need to file a motion for an award of my legal fees in my child support case in NYC. This is in Family Court, before a magistrate. I am now representing myself as I could no longer afford my attorney. I haven't received the final decision on the child support, yet. But it has been over 6 months since the trial ended. The magistrate told me if I want my legal fees that I have to make a separate motion for it at the end of the trial.
    I can't find the correct form to use on E-courts. None of the forms seem to be tailored to this request.
    Also, please let me know if anything I submit to the court for this motion has to be notarized?
    I was going to include copies of my legal bills, tax returns, financial affidavit. Anything else I should include?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2010, 04:34 PM

Family courts are less formal. If you are seeking reimbursement of legal fees, just subnit your bills with a simple motion to be awarded the fees.
    KateOnline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 05:45 PM

Ok, that sounds simple enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a motion to dismiss for lack of jurisdiction in a child custody case [ 6 Answers ]

I let my 3yr old son go on vacation with his dad that he had no contact with for three years. His dad only had him for a week in VA nad he filed for custody. My son and I have been living in Fl for the past three years. I have spoken to numerous attorneys and they told me that I can file a motion...

Affirmative answer to child support of unclean hands - when to file motion to dismiss [ 9 Answers ]

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. After months of not paying child support of $2,000/mo. (as well as multiple additional items required by the Divorce Decree) (within the State of Georgia and where the Divorce Decree was filed), my ex-husband filed for Modification of Child Support. ...

Nys child support [ 1 Answers ]

A N.Y.C. judge terminated my child support payments because my son is 21 years old. Terminated as of 09-01-2009. I owe no arrears, the mother was present in court when it was terminated. Here is aug-16-2010 and she still receiving 400.00 a month from my S.S.D. can I recover this money back. I've...

Child support NYS child 18 left mothers house [ 1 Answers ]

Do I still need to pay child support if the child dropped out of school, has no job, lives at a friends house, mother kicked him out (threatened mother)and is in trouble with the courts system

Child support in NYS [ 3 Answers ]

I reside in New York state and receive child support from the state's support enforcement unit. Is it true that they actually earn interest somehow on my money? If yes, how can that be legal? It is my money, so any interest earned on it should go to me!!

View more questions Search