Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melon811 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
    19 yrs old and is ready to move out is it legal in chicago?
    Well I have the same situation, I'm the oldest (19 years old) right now in the family, I'm always treated like the "maid" my parents leave the house they tell me what to do what to clean, yet they come back see everything done and don't say a thanks, they come back saying you forgot to do this this isn't done right, can't they get happy that I at least done it I've always followed my mother everywhere, I always have to go with her to every store... and I'm tired of being there, my little brother it old him once to clean and he's like " i didn't throw it you clean it! thats why u are here" imagine? so I decided to get out and move in with the boyfriend but my parents always told me that I can't leave until I'm Twenty one and I want to make sure if it is true or if I can leave, I know in some state it depends in many states, so I live in Chicago IL, and I want to make sure I won't get into any trouble moving in with a 25 year old man because I know my parents would call the police and look for me and we don't want that. So I want advice before I move out and go away to live with the boyfriend... I n know a lot of people that say you are making a mistake but just think wouldn't it be the same? At the house and with him ? I rader be with him because he knows what I'm going through and he helps me out when I cry about how they treat me... please respond A.S.A.P
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2010, 02:21 PM

The age of majority in Illinois is 18 so is the age of consent.

The only problem would be if your parents could prove you entered into a sexual relationship with him before you turned 18.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 02:38 PM

Guess who's going to be the maid when you live with your boyfriend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 03:15 PM

"maid with benefits"

But yes you can move out at 18.
    Melon811 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
    Lol :P well he is not that type of guy that doesn't help the girl out.. he has shown me that he will help me in everything so we will both work for both thing and no... no sexually thing before it was all after :P well after 19.I know there are guys that say women have to do house work but he has lived by himself so he knows how to take care of things. But yeah thanks guys. :) hey man there are maids that get it all haha! This really helped me out.. lol my friend hasd a baby when she was sixteen and she's been there and here... mom kicks her out and the Bf too so she told me not to move in with the guy but I told her I was taking a risk
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2010, 05:00 PM

He'll enjoy having someone around to do all those chores he hates doing himself.

Yes, this will definitely be a risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I ready to move on? [ 6 Answers ]

I really want a boyfriend. But I'm always getting dumped. I know I'm too young for a proper relationship, and my age pushes boys away. But, I don't know whether I should try and find another boyfriend? Yes or no. I need help

My boyfriend is ready to move in together and I'm not [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. Im 19 years old and I love my boyfriend with all my heart. We have been together for a year and a half and I want to move with him some day. The problem is that he want to move in together now. I go to communtiy college right now and I'm living at home with my family. So I want to stay at...

Ready to move on [ 3 Answers ]

Well it has been a hell of a summer vacation.I am a school teacher and I will definitely not be able to share what I did with my students. In case you have not read my original post, I found out my husband of 30 years has been freaking a woman for 7 years and is currently getting his groove on...

View more questions Search