Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geri55 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 07:15 AM
    98 camry le a couple times now, when I go to start it, it won't
    Sometimes it will turn over, panel lights come on, then dies. Sometimes, it will there will be nothing, no panel lights, except one click. I jiggle the shifter (automatic on the floor) and it will start. I can't move the shifter to nutral, until it starts. What's the deal?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:02 PM
    [QUOTE=geri55;2518028] sometimes, it will there will be nothing, no panel lights, except one click.

This sentence tells me you have a battery connection or a battery problem. Have it tested.
    When you open the hood, do you see a Chia-Pet growing all over your battery terminals?
    You can't neglect that forever. Toyota's like to tell their owners, "somethings up" That's the clue before the final let down. And that will be in the most inconvenient place and time.
    Trust me on this one.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:55 PM

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560

Start by removing and fully charging (or replacing) the battery and cleaning the battery terminals and cables.

Sep 10, 2010, 08:04 AM
    I checked the battery, added water. One of the cells was almost empty, the others were very low.
    A friend of mine tighted the cable connectors, actually replaced one, I drove it home.
    Started right up this morning, Thank You for your response. You were right on the mark!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 08:11 AM

Since you had to add so much water, be prepared for the battery to die on you at any time, especially if you did not remove and charge the battery. I'd go and buy a new battery, in order not to get stranded.

Sep 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
    I'm a bit comfused. Bought the car in July 2010, was told it was a new battery. It's an AutoCraft Gold with a green sticker 1/10 on it.
    That new batterys always need water added to them, as they don't completely fill when shipped. It's been starting and running great, since
    The water has been added and new connector put on. What should I look for to see if it is a new battery? Thank you so much for
    You responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pulled out penis before climax couple of times,nothing happen.. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi there, I am 20 years old and my girlfriend is 20 as well. We both are in love from last 2 years and having sex from last 7-8 months.. I have pulled out my penis before sperm comes out with climax And droped down sperm on bed. We had complete sex like this couple of times, but nothing...

Sewer gas smell a couple times a week. Last a couple of minutes, then gone. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sewer gas smell in one of our lower bathrooms around 1 to 2 times a week. The smell only last for a couple of minutes, then it is gone. You can smell everything in the bathroom (toilet, air vent, shower) and it is simply in the air and nowhere else. When the smell happens, it is always at...

98 camry won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 98 toyota camry that cut off while driving twice in three months. I let the car sit overnight came back and it cranked right up. Well it happened a third time about two weeks ago. It wouldn't start the next day or the day after. I changed the fuel filter, pump was tested and is good. ...

Camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Bud Martin posted a question that is similar to what I'm experiencing. I have has a 1995 Camry that won't start. When I turn the key, I notice there are no clicking noises from under the hood. The clock light dims. So does the radio light. The headlights remain steady when I turn them on and...

94 Camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My Camry was running fine then I turned it off and now it won't start. Turns over, has brand new battery, there is plenty of juice it just won't start. Acts like there is no gas but there is.

View more questions Search