Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudheer040 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 07:46 PM
    I am F1-student working as an Independent Contractor and I would like to work as full
    Time employee as well as Independent Contractor... can I work?. and I want to pay all the taxes... *** answer me..
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Sep 9, 2010, 07:42 PM
    QUOTE," I am F1-student working as an Independent Contractor and I would like to work as full time employee as well as Independent Contractor....can I work?..."---Inprinciple, No. You can't. It is a violation of your F1 visa status. Aas you can see, you are restricted by your F1 visa in terms of bein' able to work in the US.F-1 students are allowed to work in the United States, but only under certain conditions and in accordance with complex guidelines and restrictions issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS); on-campus employment is the most freely available, and then there are four categories of off-campus employment: optional practical training (OPT), curricular practical training (CPT), severe economic hardship, and approved international organizations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on my OPT. Can I work as an independent contractor? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a foreign student and currently on my OPT. I have been offered a contractor position from a consulting group for 3 months. The agreement states my title as an independent contractor Can I accept this? Can I work as an independent contractor on OPT?

I Work for An Independent Contractor, Will I get a 1099 or a W-2? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend got her license to be an independent contractor and she hired me as her helper, she's very professional and paid me by using her business check every month last year but she never deducted anything for any kind of taxes. Will she need to pay taxes for medicare and ss and what form will I...

Working as an independent contractor on F-1 visa status [ 1 Answers ]

I am an international student. Resident Alien. I am currently doing an associates degree in civil design and I'm on a F-1 visa. I wanted to do a tutoring job online and they require me to fill out a 1099 form when it comes time to claim my taxes. I wanted to tutor in math, chemistry, physics etc....

View more questions Search