Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manawa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 06:27 PM
    What general journal accounts are affected and by how much? Give reasons?
    Inventory in the trial balance is stated at cost less allowance for obsolescence. However you are advised that the current realisable value(less costs to sell) at 31 January 2010 is estimated at $61,500,000. The directors have authorised that this adjustment should be made by impairment.
    inventory in the trial balance is $63,700 in 2010 and 57,400 in 09
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 08:29 PM

Please see the guidelines for posting homework:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Journal Entries and t accounts how to? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to add general journal entries for the following accounts for June 30,2008 and I am having trouble. I am a first year accounting student. Yikes. Accounts payable... $10,000 Factory Building... 100,000 Cash... 26,000 Contributed Capital... 180,000 Equipment... 118,000 Land... 200,000...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search