Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMAD13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 06:00 PM
    Help with being the New Guy
    So I have been away from my hometown for 2 years, out of country. But now I'm back for a while, and I'm the new guy. Thing is, I've known some people in school ever since Elem, but I never grew any serious friendships. I was kind of shy. But the time away Has helped me grow and I'm ready to be there. But again, I'm the new guy, and I can't seem to find my stride with anybody yet. It's only been a week though, I'm I being paranoid? Suggestions on getting my stride? Any will be helpful
    crazy_kendall3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 7, 2010, 06:27 PM
    You need to lighten up the mood. Say something funny, and try to target people who are like you. Then you can expand your friendships, and be happy. :) srryz if it doesn't help. It worked for me. Im a marine brat and I move every 6 months. So.. I understand. Kind of. :)
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Sep 7, 2010, 06:58 PM

Use your strengths... you seem to be mature, smart, and friendly. Have fun. Go to events. Ask for help with something, rides, etc. Find something in common. :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 03:40 PM

Relax. Just go with the flow and let things work out on their own. If you try to be popular then others will sense it and you end up looking like a fool. So be yourself and others will gravitate in your direction.
    JMAD13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Thanks Guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?

Sci fi show with a guy and a girl sort of a police station guy, dwarf always fighting [ 2 Answers ]

Sci-fi TV show series on 1ce a week it was an agency like the police guy and dwarf always fighting on the floor rolling young alburn headed gal captain always grumpy

What is the difference between an interested guy and a nice guy? [ 8 Answers ]

Like what is the difference? Esp if he’s the kind of guy who is nice, friendly, helpful and kind to everyone? =/ I've met guys like these types and they always send out very ambiguous signals. So I ain't sure anymore. And if he’s the shy type I get it, but I tend to attract the extroverted,...

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

View more questions Search