Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nperryx1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Hair color help
    I died my hair black, from Mahogany. I don't like it, how soon can I die over it? Should I use a lighter color rinse over it?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 28, 2006, 08:24 PM
    If your hair is in good condition you may dye it right away. Hair color rinses only deposit hair color onto hair and will last around 6 shampoos. It will not make your hair lighter. Some permanent hair colors with a 20 volume peroxide developer can lighten the hair 1 to 2 shades, however, it could turn your hair red/orange since your hair is dark. If you want to go more than 3 shades lighter, you will need to bleach and then apply your desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair color help [ 1 Answers ]

I had dyed dark blonde hair and I used a color corrector to remove it and then dyed it really blonde. The color was fine except there were tons of dark spots all over. So the next day I did the corrector again. Then dyed it and it is MUCH MUCH better but there still are a few darker spots, I can...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Hair color [ 2 Answers ]

My natural hair color is blonde and I have always dyed it lighter blonde. I recently went to a salon and had it dyed brown. It took 3 times for her to do this, it kept turning to red or to ashy(she said it was because of all the box dye I had used before). Now it is to dark and I want it blonde...

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I started with blonde hair and dyed it a medium red-brown. It turned black! How can I lighten it wihtout completely drying it out?

View more questions Search